Maschine plus volume levels in different projects

Options
King swen
King swen Member Posts: 34 Member

I have multiple projects and the volume levels are different on one. Most of my projects are with one or two instruments and they are quieter than a project I have with multiple layers of instruments. It looks like the volume levels are all the same in the mixer, master, group, and sound outputs for all the projects. Maybe I need to rebuilt all of my more simple projects and see if the volume will match the louder project. I thought that it should be the same volume automatically. Maybe there is a volume setting somewhere that got changed. Seems hidden to me.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,157 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Options

It's normal for a project with one or two instruments to be quieter than one with multiple layers.

That's just standard science/acoustics. Two is more than one. Four is more than two etc. :-)

Having them automatically be the same is a bad thing, because something has to give. The solution is to lower the levels of each sound in the project(s) with more going on.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,627 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

Maschine won’t auto adjust the volume for you, different instruments can have different volumes and the physical position of the volume levels won’t always mean they sound the same. There is a normalize option when you export that can bring projects to the same level but won’t mean they sound as “loud” as each other without some mixing.

just crank up the volume of the project that sounds quiter.

Answers

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,157 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Options

It's normal for a project with one or two instruments to be quieter than one with multiple layers.

That's just standard science/acoustics. Two is more than one. Four is more than two etc. :-)

Having them automatically be the same is a bad thing, because something has to give. The solution is to lower the levels of each sound in the project(s) with more going on.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,627 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

Maschine won’t auto adjust the volume for you, different instruments can have different volumes and the physical position of the volume levels won’t always mean they sound the same. There is a normalize option when you export that can bring projects to the same level but won’t mean they sound as “loud” as each other without some mixing.

just crank up the volume of the project that sounds quiter.