Komplete Kontrol M32 "M DAW" missing on Mac

Options
novelty
novelty Member Posts: 6 Member
edited August 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi, NI community. This problem has just begun occuring. The "M DAW" output for MIDI is missing. It does not appear in the Komplete Kontrol app, nor Ableton (11.3.4). So now the keyboard is not fully integrated with my DAW. Can someone please provide a solution. Note that I'm using a Mac, not Windows.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• novelty
    Answer ✓
    Options

Update on this Mac problem in the case where Komplete Kontrol M32's "M DAW" is missing in Ableton Live. What seems to work is to: (1) use "Activity Monitor" to kill the "NIHostIntegrationAgent.app" process, if running; (2) launch the Komplete Kontrol app, which restarts the "NIHostIntegrationAgent.app" process; (3) restart Ableton Live. I can't explain why this works, but it seems to.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,600 Expert
    Options

What Mac version are you on?

• novelty
    Options

Monterey 12.5

• novelty
    Options

Monterey 12.5

• novelty
    Options

Further to my initial comment: the "M DAW" Input / Output for MIDI in Ableton Live seems to randomly come and go. Nothing I have tried brings it back. I have wondered if it is something to do with the .als file itself, but it doesn't appear to be. Preferences should be independent of project files in Ableton Live. I suspect it is something flaky with the NI driver or firmware, or maybe even hardware. Certainly won't be buying anything else from NI if this can't be resolved.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,600 Expert
    Options

I’m sure it can be resolved, I’d almost say macOS is the flakey part these days.

if you check your process manager do you see the NIHardwareService running? The DAW driver is a system wide service so if it does not appear in the list of midi devices it’s not running and I believe it is that service that controls it. Likely it’s some kind of Mac permission issue.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@novelty It could be that the Komplete Kontrol M DAW port is "stolen" by another program or device. I've seen the case where the port was taken by an UAD interface. It also happened at some point with the Melodics app. Check if the M DAW port is used by another program.

• novelty
    Answer ✓
    Options

Update on this Mac problem in the case where Komplete Kontrol M32's "M DAW" is missing in Ableton Live. What seems to work is to: (1) use "Activity Monitor" to kill the "NIHostIntegrationAgent.app" process, if running; (2) launch the Komplete Kontrol app, which restarts the "NIHostIntegrationAgent.app" process; (3) restart Ableton Live. I can't explain why this works, but it seems to.