Native Instruments Apple Silicon M1 Compatibility

Options

Comments

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,287 Guru
    Options

iZotope's Neutron 3 just got updated for Apple Silicon.

• Dickins
    Dickins Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

What’s the point of stating that other plug-in manufacturers have attained Apple Silicon compatibility? To shame NI into action? If NI had the staff / resources to achieve this, they would. It’s quite clear they don’t. Just saying…

• Tobsen
    Tobsen Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

I don't think that they have more resources. The point is, that Apple announced it nearly two years ago and released the first M1 Mac 1,5 years ago. NI also has experience, they have an iOS app. I also don't understand why they did not release Kontrol with priority, this harms the hardware directly, nobody wants to launch the DAW in Rosetta to use the controllers.

(And after 10 years, they still have no retina graphics. 🤷🏼‍♂️)

• Dickins
    Dickins Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

As someone with an M1 Mac, I’m as keen as everyone else here to see compatible updates. After the time frames you’ve quoted, it’s either not feasible to complete with their current resources or they are not prioritising the work. Let’s not forget that once again Apple has made these changes further up the chain which has developers scrambling to make their code base compatible as they do almost every year with their incessant OS updates.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,790 Expert
    Options

It simply takes time. Also, copy protection maybe needs to be redesigned for M1 CPU....

• nightjar
    Options

NI let their technical debt get far, far too high. Some shame should be felt and called out.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,593 admin
    Options

@Alexey V maybe worth creating this as separate post with more info!

• K.sils
    K.sils Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Will there be support for Ipad IOS in the future to run the mission?

• momos
    momos Member Posts: 18 Member
    Options

How can it be that just about all other companies now have M1 native support, but not NI?

• onurozudogru
    onurozudogru Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I don't understand how we came to this conclusion. Noone is asking to be prioritized over other platforms, it's not like NI should have only one developer in the company that works on a prioritization basis. And if your statement is true in our case, looks like Win users are not bringing enough revenue for NI to support Apple users.

Anyway, I can see that complaining will not change anything as we don't have any alternatives.

NI develops best-unique solutions, but monopoly is an ugly game.

• Tony Jones
    Tony Jones Member Posts: 261 Pro
    Options

Agreed, the technical debt is devaluing the big Komplete bundle (IMHO) which is increasing bulked out by unsupported / near-legacy products.

• nightjar
    Options

iZotope Vocal Synth 2 is Apple Silicon native now.

• nightjar
    edited April 2022
    Options

Poor leadership...short-term thinking... chasing shiny objects rather than doing the deep needed fixes.

I think they have done the smart thing finally with the partnership and Soundwide, so good things are ahead.

BUT.. stilled mired in the frustration of past decisions for now. No instant way to right these wrongs.

They hopefully have an A-team working behind the scenes to jump over the current mess with something new and clean that has some sort of pathway for prior product assets to participate.

Bandaids aren't gonna be enough.

NI needs its own sort of "Rosetta" for past products to participate in "something new"...

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,790 Expert
    Options

@momos

How can it be that just about all other companies now have M1 native support, but not NI?

Like iZotope? Does not seem, they have everything AS....

• nightjar
    Options

iZotope have all their flagship products AS. And almost all of their "second tier" products are AS too.

This discussion has been closed.