Does apple music work with the TRAKTOR PRO

Options
jason.oreo
jason.oreo Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Just bought the TRAKTOR S2 MK3, however when using the Traktor pro software it is not able to locate my Apple Music library. Or, it does, but when I try to play a song it says "Unknown Format!" on the bottom when I attempt to drag any song. Not sure if Apple Music is compatible, or if it's just user error. Any tips?

Answers

• jason.oreo
    jason.oreo Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Currently running macOC Ventura 13.5. This is all streaming music from my Apple Music subscription.

• c0nsul
    c0nsul Member Posts: 298 Pro
    Options

Traktor works with Apple's "music.app" for files that you own and are managed with that software.

Traktor does NOT work with Apple Music's streaming service.

• Gabi_UK
    Gabi_UK Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
    Options

Jason, you must download the music first. Then you can use it with Traktor.

• VernonG
    VernonG Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I have exactly the same problem. I'm using the latest Traktor, 30.10.0.71 . I use iTunes Music app on my Macbook pro. Venura 13.5 I downloaded new tracks. Traktor sees the new tracks added to the playlist but every time I try to load the new tracks into a player track gives the error message "unknown format"

• Je Re
    Je Re Member Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Same same! And the playlists are not the same as in the music app... -.-

• Lucille Mohr
    Lucille Mohr Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Apple Music songs including the downloaded tracks are encrypted in a special M4P format, which is not supported by the Traktor DJ. Traktor supports playing MP3, AAC, FLAC, WAV, OGG, and other unprotected audio files.

But I tried converting my Apple Music collections using the AudFree Apple Music Converter. It allows me to convert M4P files to MP3, AAC, WAV, FLAC, and more. This way, I transferred those converted Apple Music tracks to Traktor DJ successfully. I can also upload and listen to those conversions on other DJ apps and other devices without the Apple Music app or membership. Maybe you can give the tool a shot.