Traktor 3.9 (Official Release) on MacBook Pro M1 crash

Options

I know that the there is the TRAKTOR Crashes help page with a few possible solutions, but I'm wondering what others have experienced with Traktor 3.9 on M1 (nor Pro/Max).

Overall, I've had a pretty solid experience with mine using the S4 MK3. In fact, I've rarely encountered issues, until this past Sunday when it just crashed to the desktop without warning. I was about 4.5 hours into an event when mid song it failed me. Of course, I lost my entire play history and any other library changes made during that session.

I've not tried the solutions from the KB though I suspect it could be a corrupt or missing audio file, but I don't know where to even begin to narrow that down. I wasn't loading anything at the time, though I might have been scrolling through my collection.

Just curious if others have found a specific culprit or have an easier way to track down the issue.

Comments

• Andyaustin1234
    Andyaustin1234 Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Last week during a 6 hour live set at a club, Traktor unexpectedly crashed to the desktop screen. I wasn’t loading a track at the time. I have recently updated Traktor to the newest version to run on a MacBook Pro with an M1 Apple silicon chip.

ive never had an issue with Traktor crashing during a live set before. So I guess my issue sounds similar to the one you listed. I’m wondering if it’s a bug in the latest Traktor since native operation with Apple silicon is still new for NI.

im not sure if i should roll back to the former version of Traktor (using Rosetta) or if there is another fix.

• Sens F
    Sens F Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Same here crashed on traktor Pro 3 . I can't even put a playlist together

• Dj Special K
    Dj Special K Member Posts: 13 Member
    Options

This is NOT ok. I was spinning at a wedding and it crashed mid-first dance. How embarrassing. If the product is now unstable then I'm going to have to invest in something else. What is the best way to get NI eyes on this? I'm using an Apple m1 and it has crashed on BOTH my S4MK3 and my S3. I thought the S3 was still stable but nope.

• DJDL
    DJDL Member Posts: 63 Helper
    Options

All of my recent crashes have happened while plugged into the S4MK3. I played for roughly 10 hours last weekend using a 3rd party mixer/soundcard and an X1MK2 without any crashes. This is just anecdotal, pure luck I guess. But serves as my bit of input so far in hopes of getting to the bottom of it.

• Twancr
    Twancr Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Same happened to me yesterday when recording a podcast.

(Traktor 3, s4 mk3, running on m1)

I'm wondering if I should switch back to Rosetta before a live gig next week.

If someone has any advice to give...

• Dj Special K
    Options

Did you switch to Rosetta and did it work?

• Dj Special K
    Options

i switched to version 3.8 and it fixed the issue.

• Andyaustin1234
    Options

I switched back to 3.8 as well. Traktor seems stable while using Rosetta but not newer native Apple Silicon M1. I see that Traktor has a brand new update (Traktor Pro 3.11). I don't see anything in the release notes that NI addressed the crashing on M1 machines. I'm going to download the update and play around with it, but I'll keep using the older version (through Rosetta) for my live gigs for the time being.

I really wish NI would address this issue. Not working on Apple Silicon M1 and M2 machines is a huge problem.

• Dj Special K
    Options

How has 3.11 performed for you so far? I am still using version 3.8.0 on Ventura with M1 for fear of embarrassment at a live gig.

• DJDL
    Options

There are reports of crashes still happening under 3.11.

• Andyaustin1234
    Options

Does anyone know if the newly released TRAKTOR PRO 3.11 has fixed this issue? The release notes mention stability fixes but not this specific crashing with Apple silicon machines.

• DJDL
    Options

You could try it and find it a bit less prone to crashing, but it is not completely fixed. Also, if you use an S8, you should wait for the next update.

• Andyaustin1234
    Options

Update to my previous comment: I installed the updated Traktor Pro 3.11 (as well a the updated OS for my MacBook Pro M1 so I am running the most up-to-date versions). I played a 6 hour set in a club without incident. Fingers crossed that the update fixed the issue. I'll keep using the updated software and report back if I experience another crash.

• Dj Special K
    Options

I tried the new 3.11 and it locked up on me when i tried to open a folder in the tree about 2 hours in. Had to completely shut down my mac. Party stopped. This really sucks. Sad that NI can't seem to get it right.