Should Mixing Mode sound level be the same for Internal vs External?

Options
DJGreg2
DJGreg2 Member Posts: 10 Member

Newbie here and not sure if I really have a problem. I learned I need to set preferences Mixing Mode to Internal for S4MK3 and also set output monitor to headphones left in order to get split headphone sound when using the headphone Cues. I couldnt get the split headphones cues to work using External mixing mode.

When switching to Internal mixing mode from External I noticed the sound level of my speakers decreased. Is this normal? Or is there another preference setting I need to change? Do I need to increase the volume level on my laptop? All suggestions/solutions are welcome.

I'm using Windows 11.

Thank you.

Best Answer

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,295 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

Being 2 different mixers (the physical one and the software one), I think it’s quite normal the levels aren’t exactly the same. Many things get involved: the levels of the faders in the channels, the gains, the master output level,..

Probably simply finding the right combination of those you can set the levels the way you want it

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,295 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

Being 2 different mixers (the physical one and the software one), I think it’s quite normal the levels aren’t exactly the same. Many things get involved: the levels of the faders in the channels, the gains, the master output level,..

Probably simply finding the right combination of those you can set the levels the way you want it