Picked Acoustic - Cannot change fret position for melody with MIDI controller

Options
Lark
Lark Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited August 2023 in Komplete General

After using and being satisfied with Prime Bass for a while, I decided to purchase Picked Acoustic because of the similar workflow and functionality. However, one of the features I use frequently with Prime Bass is the ability to change the fret position of notes with the melody instrument (you can do this with MIDI CC#114). Is this functionality not present in Picked Acoustic? MIDI CC#114 does not change the fret position as expected.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Lark I asked to our Kontakt Instruments team. It is very unlikely that this feature will be implemented in older libraries.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

Hey @Lark Unfortunately this is not a feature in Picked Acoustic. Maybe you can assign CC#114 by yourself to the fret noise button here, you can simply drag & drop the MIDI CC to the corresponding knob:

I'm not sure if it's what you're after or if it will produce the same kind of effect you have with Prime Bass but that's the only workaround I could think of!

• Lark
    Options

Doesn't quite have the same effect. That's a little disappointing honestly. Seems like something that'd be easy to implement, no?

Are there other Session instruments that have or lack this functionality?

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Lark Prime Bass is one of the latest instruments. This was probably implemented when creating the Prime Bass instrument and is probably not possible to implement on earlier libraries, as it would require re-recording some of the samples. I'm only speculating though, I've asked the Kontakt Instruments team. I'll get back when I have more info to share.

• Lark
    edited August 2023
    Options

@Jeremy_NI I don't think re-recording samples would be necessary. All I'm looking for is a way to automate a setting that can already be changed manually but not on the fly.

I did some digging, asked around, and learned that Electric Vintage, Electric Mint, Picked Nylon, and Icon Bass all have the functionality in question.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Lark I asked to our Kontakt Instruments team. It is very unlikely that this feature will be implemented in older libraries.

• swampthang
    swampthang Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

@Lark , thanks for asking this as I'm dealing with the same issue. Did you ever find a solution? I would think there might be a CC (controller) solution.