Key/Semitone up or down Mapping

DJ Sumith
DJ Sumith Member Posts: 4 Member
edited October 22 in Mapping Traktor

Hi,

I am a s4 mk3 user. I want to map my Deck C and D filter knob to Deck A and B's Key/semitone. Has anyone done a similar type of mapping before? Any suggestions are welcome.

Best Answer

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 2,541 mod
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓

In the picture i only included one deck. Press duplicate and set the assignment (@ bottom right of the 2nd & 3rd picture). Press LEARN and then move the second knob. Press LEARN again to deactivate the LEARN function.

And thank you for your support. 🦋

Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    edited March 1

(Although this says 'Rejected Answer', it actually answers the question best)

If you want it on the filter knob, this is the only way to do it. You can't use semitone steps with it, only stepless, from -12 to +12 (down one octave to up one octave):

If you want to use semitone steps, you have to map it either to the move or loop encoder, or to one or two buttons:

🦋

Edit: Adjusting key only works if KEYLOCK is engaged for the deck.

• DJ Sumith
    DJ Sumith Member Posts: 4 Member

Thank you @Sulherokhh. Really appreciate your help. It worked.

After mapping. The semitone only works on one deck even if I use another deck filter knob.

Is there a way to map individually?

P.S. I have sent you some coffee money 😁

• Sûlherokhh
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓

In the picture i only included one deck. Press duplicate and set the assignment (@ bottom right of the 2nd & 3rd picture). Press LEARN and then move the second knob. Press LEARN again to deactivate the LEARN function.

And thank you for your support. 🦋

This discussion has been closed.