Kontrol S4 MK1 not being read by Traktor Pro 3 Demo

Options
ajazze
ajazze Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I just bought a controller second-hand and when I went to plug it in with the Traktor Pro 3 demon running, the master light just continued to blink. I've gone through all of the trouble-shooting methods I've found on forums such as turning everything off and on, reinstalling and restarting everything.

I've checked and my computer is reading that the controller is connected via the usb port, and I've even gotten new power and usb cables. I'm worried it's just an old controller (it smells a bit musty) but I desperately want it to work.

Is there anything else I can do? I have the controller editor and native access installed - I'm wondering if it's to do with the software being a demo? I also made sure that the NIHardware agent is opening when I login to my laptop, I read that there's also an NIHostAgent or something but that they did away with it in the more recent versions of Traktor Pro, so is that the issue? If so, how do I find an older version of Traktor Pro? Is it just that this is second hand and there's some issue with that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated - I'm dying to start DJing so I just want to know if the controller is salvageable or if I need to return it. Thank you!!

Answers