Maschine + does not start after the purchase

Options
Ivar92
Ivar92 Member Posts: 10 Newcomer
edited August 2023 in Maschine

Yesterday I bought a new and long-awaited maschine +. But it doesn't turn on. The screen says "maschine + is starting". I left it overnight in the hope that it would boot up, but it never turned on. I saw that such problems have already been encountered here, but no solutions have been found. I tried to fix it by downloading the file .nut to the SD card, but it also did not give any result. I wrote to support. If you believe the reviews here, then the support service responds for a very long time..... Maybe someone was able to solve a similar problem? I am very disappointed that I cannot launch my expensive Maschine

Tagged:

Answers

• Percivale
    Percivale Member Posts: 209 Advisor
    Options

I am sorry to hear about this. Are you able to return to your seller for a new piece or refund?

At any rate, have you tried using it with the PC (with or without power plug) and (with or without usb cable to PC); and perhaps the mode it was trying to operate when you powered up was the opposite of what you have intended?

• Ivar92
    Options

It is possible to return the money for it, but in my country it is very difficult to find maschine. So I still really hope that the support will be able to help me. Yes, I tried to connect in different modes. Maschine works perfectly in controller mode, but does not switch to standalone mode. In the Settings section, in the upper right corner there is a button to switch to standtalone, but this button is not available

• Ivar92
    edited August 2023
    Options

Connected the power cable, the standalone button became available. By clicking on it, maschine again failed in the "Maschine is starting" bug.

By the way, last night, by some miracle, maschine turned on to standalone and I even managed to connect Wi-Fi and register. After that, it no longer turned on

• Percivale
    Options

That's a little bit of a good news. Can you remember the steps to achieve this "miracle" or just random. Any suspicion about the power supply. If you do get in a again, would it be good to try for system update (now that you got wi-fi working).

• AdelV
    AdelV Member Posts: 220 Pro
    Options

Have you tried long holding down the power button? In some cases Maschine Plus can switch to controller mode by itself and then only a hard reset helps. Try it :)

• Ivar92
    Options
  • Ivar92
    Options

After trying all the methods, I decided to try changing the switch position on the SD card to "protected". After inserting the card, maschine immediately turned on and there was an inscription "unable to read the SD card", I clicked "cancel" and I was transferred to the registration screen. I connected Wi-Fi, registered and turned off Maschine. After that, it does not load again and writes "Maschine+ is starting".

• Ivar92
    Options

After trying all the methods, I decided to try changing the switch position on the SD card to "protected". After inserting the card, maschine immediately turned on and there was an inscription "unable to read the SD card", I clicked "cancel" and I was transferred to the registration screen. I connected Wi-Fi, registered and turned off Maschine. After that, it does not load again and writes "Maschine+ is starting".

• Ivar92
    edited August 2023
    Options

I just don't understand what's going on with this device. He stood without work for more than a day and I decided to check him out. It turned on in a couple of minutes. I managed to update it, but later it hung up again at the start, but with the inscription "maschine+ is restarting". How infuriating it all is!!!

I turned it off. Pulled out the power cable and it's back in the initial problem with hanging in the start screen.

• AdelV
    AdelV Member Posts: 220 Pro
    Options

It looks like a somewhat production-damaged unit. A friend had to replace his Maschine Plus because he had a problem with loose knobs. Native Instruments unfortunately sometimes has a problem like most manufacturers and replacing with a new unit seems to be the only option. 

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,307 Expert
    Options

Just to be sure (you saying “Pulled out the power cable and it's back in the initial problem with hanging in the start screen” sounds strange): you are having this problem when trying to turn it on for Standalone mode, with ONLY the power cable plugged (no usb in it)? This is the right way to operate for Standalone mode

• Ivar92
    edited August 2023
    Options

I communicate through a translator and it probably translates incorrectly. I meant that Maschine froze, after that I disconnected the power cable so that the device turned off, and after disconnecting, I connected the cable back. And with the power cable connected, it froze again.

I studied the entire forum and realized that there is no solution to this problem, except for sending it to NI for repair, and for me it is too expensive. I already spent a lot of money to buy maschine, which turned out to be defective. Unfortunately, it is difficult to find maschine in my country. The situation is disgusting and very upsetting.

• jt maher
    jt maher Member Posts: 80 Newcomer
    edited August 2023
    Options

I feel your pain! Just bought a 1400$ defective mpc with failing motherboard from mpcstuff.com

Just pay 89$ to the bean counters here, and they will send you a new maschine + .

if i were you just get an MK3 , and save your money

• Percivale
    Options

Ugh. My M+ won't boot for awhile recently. It resumed function again after a few more tries. Nothing obvious was done to it. Doesn't inspire confidence to say the least. Wild conjecture that to stop the BT inside the device from working caused startup issues.