Are Midi Remote Scripts for Komplete Keyboards and Maschine in Cubase Planned

2»

Answers

• Greg
    Greg Member Posts: 0 Newcomer

The biggest FAIL at the moment is the automatic switching between plugin and track mode.

This is a really nogo! By skipping a preset it goes automatically to track mode. Are you serious?

To change to plugin mode via shift button is also pain in the ass.

Why the hell is this Controller (Komplete Kontrol A Series) half native and half Bome Driver???

Why the he.. eight Volume knobs in track mode per default? Is there any chance to edit this?

I'm very sorry, this is a great Controller but the driver is complete ******.

I'm on Cubase 11 and 12 Pro.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,040 mod

Especially for maschine I would love to see those scripts, but maybe in the future a user will provide them. The new midi integration is right now far from perfect, for example faders and relative knobs do not work properly. Only absolute controls with pickup mode work - but steinberg knows and is on that issue.

Uwe

• Veldrijder
    Veldrijder Member Posts: 10 Member

I also hope that NI will follow up with the Cubase 12 Midi Remote Script for their NI products - anything else would be a big embarrassment. 

• Gob
    Gob Member Posts: 19 Helper

Sorry Jeremy, the current integration is already marked as "Legacy" in Cubase 12.

@Roland Kirst Where did you read that?

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
  • Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod

@Gob @Blindeddie The term "legacy" means not handled by the new MIDI remote features in Cubase. Integration still works.

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Yes, I know they work, just providing the screenshot.

• PulseCode
    PulseCode Member Posts: 132 Helper

No they don't all work, the metronome, still can not be activated, if the cubase project was saved with it off.

other midi controllers have no issue with that, such as minilab arturia.... I have both, I can turn metronomen back on with that. no problem, also some buttons are not assigned, that can be used in cubase. why waste buttons.

• niCKed
    niCKed Member Posts: 5 Member

Can't get this working either - the keyboard works fine (am using S25), and as long as I am in Komplete Kontrol the pots on the top work as they are supposed to. The DAW controls though just play very high notes and don't work as they are supposed to in Cubase Pro 12. For this to work it seems like a script is required to create a control surface that works with MIDI remote - and I think the OP was just looking for somewhere to download a script for NI keyboards right? Cubase have them for Arturia and Korg, but not NI.

• Jeremy_NI

@niCKed There are no scripts for these new MIDI remote scripts in Cubase. The Komplete Kontrol keyboard integration is considered as "legacy" but should still be functioning and whould be automatic: How to Integrate KOMPLETE KONTROL with Your DAW

The s25 is to be considered as a MK1 device, so looks for the specifics of your model. Also, what is your operating system?

• niCKed
    niCKed Member Posts: 5 Member

Thanks for the swift reply Jeremy!

I am on Windows 11 - and just want to point out that this WORKS in Studio One without any effort on my part - all the DAW functions and Browser functions on the S25 work as they should. They don't in Cubase 12 Pro. I am not exactly sure what the difference is...

Tim

• Jeremy_NI

@niCKed Are you running Cubase and Komplete Kontrol as admin? How to Run a Program as an Administrator

Also, please note that the Komplete Kontrol keyboard should show in Remote devices (Legacy) as shown in the screenshot posted by Blindeddie:

• koerthawkins
    koerthawkins Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Is there an update on the MIDI Remote integration in Cubase?

I'd LOVE to switch to the Komplete Kontrol M32 paired with the Maschine Mikro. I tested both, and they feel and play awesome. Also, the already existing DAW control buttons and connections are awesome! However, with missing MIDI Remote integration it's impossible to tweak my instrument settings in Kontakt in Cubase. And this is something I simply need, I guess others as well.

Currently I dig the Lo-Fi Glow instrument. Most sounds I like to tweak a bit, though. Doing this is not possible on the Komplete Kontrol M32, however, as the 8 knobs in the Lo-Fi Glow instrument don't map to my 8 rotary encoders!

On my Launchkey Mini MK3 this works. This is the only reason I'm using this controller, and not the M32 which I would prefer, otherwise.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,040 mod
    edited December 2023

There is already a remote script for cubase and the M/A series keyboards, I use an A49 with cubase, I even have mapped the quick controls additionally so I switch into midi mode, or the keyboard does it even by itself if I select an audio track. I only miss buttons to map in midi mode, but with another controller you can do cool things in cubase with the A49.

And if you select a track in cubase where kk or kontakt is loaded it should work with the 8 encoders right out of the box, please look at the pictures above and check that you have installed all correctly.