Dropouts on long notes only when offline rendering in Kontakt 7/Kontakt 6
I've been having a recurring issue with offline rendering Kontakt instruments since somewhere in the Kontakt 6 cycle (still happening on K7.)
Playback and online rendering works fine, as expected, but I get dropouts on long notes when offline rendering unpredictably. Short notes seem to work fine.
I get the same issue across multiple DAWs - Logic, Cubase and Reaper. I've tried across different OSs (Win 11 & MacOS) and different SSDs. It isn't a CPU/RAM issue either - this happens on both large and tiny projects. I've noticed it mostly affects orchestral sample libraries like Cinematic Studio, Rhodope, etc.
I've also tried -
- Purged/unpurged Kontakt instruments.
- Setting 'Offline Interpolation Quality' from Realtime to Standard.
- Changing the amount of max voices played by the instruments.
- Setting Kontakt's Multiprocessor Support from 12 cores to off.
- Changing Kontakt's Instrument preload buffer size.
- Changing my sample rate
- Changing my buffer size.
- Changing the 'bounce mode' in Kontakt.
- Disabling/enabling 'anticipative FX processing' in Reaper.
Unfortunately nothing seems to have worked. If any of you have any ideas on how to fix this, I would be hugely grateful - I'm constantly wasting hours having to check through all my Kontakt stems and then re-export some of them online. Since it's such an unpredictable problem, it's really hard to avoid!
- All Categories
- 21 Welcome
- 766 Hangout
- 73 NI News
- 365 Tech Talks
- 1.6K Native Access
- 7.3K Komplete
- 944 Komplete General
- 1.7K Komplete Kontrol
- 2.7K Kontakt
- 664 Reaktor
- 232 Battery 4
- 403 Guitar Rig & FX
- 265 Massive X & Synths
- 398 Other Software & Hardware
- 3.1K Maschine
- 23 Sampling Room
- 3.8K Traktor
- 3.6K Traktor Software & Hardware
- Check out everything you can do
- Create an account
- See member benefits
- Answer questions
- Ask the community
- See product news
- Connect with creators