Maschine: Copy and Paste Patterns

Options
Bongofur
Bongofur Member Posts: 7 Member

Noob question - I have sketched dozens of ideas using the MK3 and Machine2 but I have added all new instruments in the same as a different pattern (I realise how wrong this is now...).

What I have in the software is

Scene 1, Pattern 1, Group 1: 10 instruments (melodies etc)

Group 2: 5 more instruments etc

Is there a way of copying and pasting a pattern (and instrument) into a new group or scene? I can't find a way of doing it.

I can't bear the thought of recreating every single instrument and melody etc.

Thanks.

Best Answer

• Percivale
    Percivale Member Posts: 209 Advisor
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Someone posted this in Reddit. Does that help.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,309 Expert
    edited August 2023
    Options

Very easy: on mk3 hold duplicate, select a pattern and then using the group buttons change to another group and paste the copied pattern to an empty slot. If you want to have also the same instrument in the new group, do the same but with the pad containing the instrument: hold duplicate, push the pad containing the instrument (in pad mode) and with the group buttons change group.

Scenes work in a different way: every scene can contain a combination of different patterns. Once you have the patterns of different instruments on different groups, you can select one per group to put in a scene. Then you create another scene and there you can change the combination of patterns.

Since I see you a little confused on how to use patterns and scenes, I suggest you to watch this good tutorial by Jef Gibbons to help you understand how to use them at best

• Bongofur
    Options

Thanks for that - the problem I have is that nothing pastes. I can duplicate as suggested, create the new group as suggested, but there is no data when I hit the pad. Nothing.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple??

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 347 Guru
    edited August 2023
    Options

There are "+content" and "+events" options (button 2 and 5 at the top) when you press duplicate.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,944 mod
    Options

In this situation I'd just Duplicate the whole Group a few times (+Content) and then just delete the extra Pads/instruments you don't need from each, it might be faster.

• Percivale
    Percivale Member Posts: 209 Advisor
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Someone posted this in Reddit. Does that help.

• Bongofur
    Options

Thanks guys - bit less intuitive than I thought, but we got there.

Also discovered you can alt-drag in the software to duplicate groups!