Beatmasher bug with Sequencer.

Options
Stevan
Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,715 mod

Cannot seem to record a sound on steps 4, 8, 12 and 16.

Tagged:

Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,811 mod
    Options

What would i need to do to reproduce the bug?

• Stevan
    Options

Simply try to apply the Beatmasher effect on one of those 4 steps in the sequence.

• Stevan
    Options

Hello? Do I need to start tagging NI people here to help with this issue, is there anyone here or did you seriously left all work to fellow forum members?

What is the point of this Forum if I cannot reach out to anyone in 24h...

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 592 Pro
    Options

Maybe I am wrong but doesn't the Beatmasher have an offset adjust middle knob when in single mode.

Sorry I haven't used the sequencer for over a year now but I seem to remember the Beatmasher always starts recording as quantized. Maybe the steps after 2 are past where it catches the audio especially in group mode?

The only reason I wonder this is because in single mode the ability to move the offset can cause some silence and of course the gate knob in single mode causes parts to be missing or silent.

Maybe mess with that 2nd knob in single mode and see if the audio is captured differently?

This is all off the top of my head. I would need to bust out the Twister and set up my old mapping and configuration to test. Lol

• Stevan
    Options

Beatmasher in Single mode is good for glitch type of effects and not for repeats unfortunately - not sure why but there seems to be a latency with activating the Beatmasher set to Single FX Mode. I would not even consider using it for short repeats /4, /8, and /16, Sorry I did not mention it.

I use Beatmasher in Group FX Mode since it is faster and gives comodity to chain other two FX Slots to make Beatmasher sounding more interesting. And this effect is not quantized or it shouldn't be quantized really (loops/rolls are quantized and can snap to grid).

Simply misses a mark on those 4 steps in the sequence.

Thank you for commenting though. Much appreciated.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,610 admin
    Options

For a one-on-one troubleshooting with our support team, best to submit a ticket by email instead. I've created a ticket for you and our team will get back to you by email shortly.

• Stevan
    Options

Support agent asked for a video, they aren't able to visualise this bug too. It is literally something I can put in one short sentence.

"Insert a Beatmasher and try to apply it on steps 4, 8, 12 and 16 of the Remix Deck sequencer."

-Instead of repeating the recorder sound, the Beatmasher is instantly muted.

I did not want to waste their time any further as not many DJs will be affected by this bug. Since the Pattern Player is using the same code as Remix Deck sequencer the PP is also affected. Identical issue.