Komplete Audio 6 Mk1 compatibility with Mac OS Big Sur and M1

Options
baz25216
baz25216 Member Posts: 10 Member
edited August 2023 in Other Software & Hardware

Hi guys,

I have a Mac mini i7 3.2GHz unit with 32GB RAM in on Catalina (OSX 10.15.7), and run Maschine as principal DAW system and many 3rd party plugins VST3/AU. I also use a Komplete Audio 6 original Mk1. I know there were lots of people worrying about the M1 Mac with the Big Sur upgrade and thereafter. My question is are the compatibility issues mainly connected to the M1 chipset, rather than the OS changes? So will my system be less likely to have any compatibility issues because it is still on Intel chipset? If you can help it will be appreciated. I know the list of NI kit I have mostly will be ok except maybe the Komplete 6 Audio unit. It is more synths like Vital, Serum, Sylenth and Predator 1 that I am concerned about.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• EP.
    EP. Member Posts: 47 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

after having conducted systematic tests, Native Instruments confirms full macOS 11 (Big Sur) compatibility with the latest versions of all products

IMPORTANT NOTES:

• All products require the latest update from Native Access, as well as the latest version of macOS 11.
    • macOS 10.15 terminated the operability of some NI legacy hardware. The same applies to macOS 11 (Big Sur). This includes MASCHINE MK1, MASCHINE MIKRO MK1, TRAKTOR AUDIO 2 / 4 / 8 DJ, TRAKTOR AUDIO 2 MK1 and TRAKTOR S2 / S4 / X1 MK1.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,603 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

As for compatibility with a silicon chipset, KA6 MK1 offers a native M1 support already: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014683497-Apple-Silicon-Compatibility-News

And so far I don't see any complaints on the forum about the performance on M1 🙂

Answers

• EP.
    Options

i think you will be fine

• EP.
    Answer ✓
    Options

after having conducted systematic tests, Native Instruments confirms full macOS 11 (Big Sur) compatibility with the latest versions of all products

IMPORTANT NOTES:

• All products require the latest update from Native Access, as well as the latest version of macOS 11.
    • macOS 10.15 terminated the operability of some NI legacy hardware. The same applies to macOS 11 (Big Sur). This includes MASCHINE MK1, MASCHINE MIKRO MK1, TRAKTOR AUDIO 2 / 4 / 8 DJ, TRAKTOR AUDIO 2 MK1 and TRAKTOR S2 / S4 / X1 MK1.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,603 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

As for compatibility with a silicon chipset, KA6 MK1 offers a native M1 support already: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014683497-Apple-Silicon-Compatibility-News

And so far I don't see any complaints on the forum about the performance on M1 🙂

• baz25216
    baz25216 Member Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Yeah, I checked the compatibility matrix, and good news the KA6 Mk 1 should work. I really like this unit as the sound from it with decent cans is great quality. Been checking with the 3rd party manufacturers and seems I may be OK. Its always a little bit of a concern that some stuff won't work.... Ta for the help.

• Greeny
    Greeny Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I'm having connectivity issue right now with my Traktor S2 MK1, on MacOs Big Sur. My controller lights all turn on, in a power sequence, the turn off, and the usb indicator flashes orange.