What can be wrong when an instrument finishes loading with a yellow indicator?

Options
tmpc
tmpc Member Posts: 77 Member

I have an instrument that apparently doesn't load completely. I believe that one sample isn't loading, but I'm not completely sure (as it doesn't complain about a missing sample). Is there any way to find out exactly what is wrong here?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,133 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

When you hover over the yellow indicator, it will tell you in the bottom area what it means:

Purge: Displays the current Purge status for this Instrument. Blue: all required Samples loaded. Yellow: some Zones purged or loading ongoing. Red (permanent): all Samples completely unloaded from RAM. Red (flashing): a purged Zone has been triggered and is currently being loaded.

By default, all samples are loaded into RAM. Not all may be, which results in that yellow indicator.

If you can, open the instrument's Edit Mode. Missing samples would show up as purple in the Mapping Editor. However, you'd normally see a Samples Missing dialog informing you of any.

Have you tried playing around with the Purge Menu?

Answers

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,133 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

When you hover over the yellow indicator, it will tell you in the bottom area what it means:

Purge: Displays the current Purge status for this Instrument. Blue: all required Samples loaded. Yellow: some Zones purged or loading ongoing. Red (permanent): all Samples completely unloaded from RAM. Red (flashing): a purged Zone has been triggered and is currently being loaded.

By default, all samples are loaded into RAM. Not all may be, which results in that yellow indicator.

If you can, open the instrument's Edit Mode. Missing samples would show up as purple in the Mapping Editor. However, you'd normally see a Samples Missing dialog informing you of any.

Have you tried playing around with the Purge Menu?

• tmpc
    tmpc Member Posts: 77 Member
    Options

Thank you very much, Monochrome. I simply reloaded all samples in the Purge menu. The yellow light went to white, and I saved the Instrument. It now loads perfectly.

I never use Purge, so I'm not sure what happened here. The instrument apparently came that way.

Thanks again!!!