How to activate Traktor Pro 2 on legacy Mac

Options
Kidjo2
Kidjo2 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Will paying for Traktor Pro 3 give me a license code that can be used to activate Traktor Pro 2?

I have Traktor Scratch Pro 2 Demo installed and want to activate it to full Traktor Pro 2, the last version that will run on Mac OS 10.13.6. Clicking Activate/Open Native Access on the Traktor Demo splash screen (image attached) closes the Traktor application, goes to the sign-in page for Native Access where the Pro 2 Demo shows as installed in my account, but there's no way that I see to activate it in Native Access. Clicking on the Buy panel on the Traktor Demo splash screen (same image as attached) goes to a web page where Traktor Pro 3 is available. However, Traktor Pro 3 won't run on the laptop I need to use. Traktor Pro 2 will, but there doesn't seem to be an obvious way to buy and activate the full version, unless...

Will paying for Traktor Pro 3 give me a registration code that can be used to activate Traktor Pro 2?

I've sent the question to NI Support twice in the past two weeks, support tickets were created per auto-replies, but there's been no human response yet.

Has anyone in the forum had this experience?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,407 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

Doubt it.

I think you will have to buy traktor pro 2 from someone else.

Or maybe run an older version of Traktor Pro 3?

• Kidjo2
    Answer ✓
    Options

I never figured out how to get Traktor Pro 2 demo for MacOS 10.13 activated to a full version, and emails from NI support said there was no way to buy a license for it from them.

However...

If you're interested in getting an early version of Traktor Pro 3 activated on MacOS 10.13, try heading over to the 'Compatibility of Native Instruments Products on macOS' page:

[NI won't allow posting a link]

Scroll down to MacOS 10.12 and notice Traktor Pro 3 version 3.4.2 and Controller Editor 2.6.2 are compatible with MacOS 10.12. Traktor Pro 3.4.2 also installed and opened in demo mode on MacOS 10.13, allowing to click Buy on the demo splash screen, purchase a license for Pro 3, and turn the Pro 3.4.2 demo into a full version.

Once Pro 3 v 3.4.2 was installed and activated, Native Access eventually showed Traktor Pro 3 v 3.5.3 was available as an update. After that update was installed, Traktor Pro 3 was at v 3.5.3, the last supported version supported on MacOS 10.13 according to the Compatibility page above.

YMMV

Answers

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,407 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

Doubt it.

I think you will have to buy traktor pro 2 from someone else.

Or maybe run an older version of Traktor Pro 3?

• Kidjo2
    Answer ✓
    Options

I never figured out how to get Traktor Pro 2 demo for MacOS 10.13 activated to a full version, and emails from NI support said there was no way to buy a license for it from them.

However...

If you're interested in getting an early version of Traktor Pro 3 activated on MacOS 10.13, try heading over to the 'Compatibility of Native Instruments Products on macOS' page:

[NI won't allow posting a link]

Scroll down to MacOS 10.12 and notice Traktor Pro 3 version 3.4.2 and Controller Editor 2.6.2 are compatible with MacOS 10.12. Traktor Pro 3.4.2 also installed and opened in demo mode on MacOS 10.13, allowing to click Buy on the demo splash screen, purchase a license for Pro 3, and turn the Pro 3.4.2 demo into a full version.

Once Pro 3 v 3.4.2 was installed and activated, Native Access eventually showed Traktor Pro 3 v 3.5.3 was available as an update. After that update was installed, Traktor Pro 3 was at v 3.5.3, the last supported version supported on MacOS 10.13 according to the Compatibility page above.

YMMV