Maschine Plus crashes on startup

Options
zachd93
zachd93 Member Posts: 8 Newcomer

Hi, this is my first post. I already submitted a ticket about this and am hoping to hear back soon.

I recently got a used Maschine+ and when I try to boot it up it shows "Maschine+ is starting" and then disappears after only about 2 seconds and the power button goes back to blinking red. Any ideas on how to fix it? Or is it a goner? I have tried a different power supply and it still has the same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, Controller mode works but standalone does not.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• zachd93
    Answer ✓
    Options

Support will replace it but it's $200 for the repair/refurbished replacement

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,306 Expert
    edited July 2023
    Options

You could try this solution. Not exactly the same situation, but maybe it could help

• zachd93
    Options

@LostInFoundation Yeah, I saw this post and tried it but my device won't even let me get to the update screen. It just crashes almost immediately after booting up. Thank you for your help though.

• LostInFoundation
    Options

Just out of my thoughts…and without any basis for this to work…but…are you booting up Maschine+ with the SD inserted? What happens if you try without it? (I’m just hoping to find a way to help you, cause I feel so impotent…)

• zachd93
    Options

@LostInFoundation

Thank you, I really appreciate the help. Yes, I've tried with the SD loaded into the slot and with it out of it. It does the same thing either way(boots up, flashes the lights on the pads/buttons, says "Maschine+ is starting", and then shuts off after about 3 seconds.I was trying to post a video clip of what happens but it won't let me because I am a newer user.

Sadly, I did get this used and the guy who I got it from won't answer me anymore. He did transfer the license to me though. I'm just wondering if he bricked it maybe?

• LostInFoundation
    Options

The fact that he is not answering anymore is not a good sign 😔

Maybe he already noticed the problem and isn’t the most honest seller…

• zachd93
    Options

I agree, It's a real bummer too. I traded my SP-404MK2 for the Maschine+. Wish I could get it back now haha.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,778 mod
    Options

@zachd93 Sorry you are experiencing this, my colleagues should get back to you as soon as possible.

• zachd93
    Options

@Jeremy_NI Thanks, I'll update this thread once they help me.

• zachd93
    Options

Support thinks that it's a hardware issue. I am waiting to hear back on if they want to do repairs or not.

• zachd93
    Answer ✓
    Options

Support will replace it but it's $200 for the repair/refurbished replacement

• Hitodama
    Hitodama Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I'm really sad about saying that this is the third time I have this problem with my unit

first two times the problem was "solved" by adding the file "system-reset-v2.nut" to the root folder on the SD card, but now it does not, my unit is updated and I don't know what else to do

Please help

• Roblot
    Roblot Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

It’s so sad, same here.

i tried everything, updating the firmware, installing the reboot file in the sd card, nothing works.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@hitodama, please get in touch with our support here: https://bit.ly/NI_support_maschine

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Roblot I see you are already in contact with support. Hopefully a solution is found.