Can't change Battery 4 outputs

Schrödinger 9691
Schrödinger 9691 Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited March 2022 in Battery 4

Hi All,

I have a question regarding Battery 4's outputs. I am using Ableton Live 11 Suite and when I try and route the pads to discrete tracks, sometimes I it shows 16 stereo outputs and sometimes it shows 4 stereo outs and 24 mono outputs. I am unable to change the settings back to 16 stereo tracks. (I have been into settings and tried). It seems purely random and might be a conflict between Ableton and Battery 4. So, I thought I would ask here first, in case someone knew what the problem was. Thanks in advance!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Schrödinger 9691
    Answer ✓

Just wanted to say, that it did fix the problem. It seems that the kit I created was causing the settings to change. I deleted that kit and made a new one. No more problems.

Thanks very much

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Not a specific answer, but in "Preferences --> Engine --> Audio Outputs --> Setup for New Instances", if you select "Custom", that is where you specify Stereo/Mono outputs. You can change it there by specifying "16 Stereo", but you have to remove and reload Battery (create a new instance) to see the changes.

To Clarify, are you saying that if you add 1 instance to Ableton it will show 16 stereo and if you add another (right after) it will show 4 stereo/24 mono...is this correct? That behavior should not happen because the Audio output type selection is Global.

• Schrödinger 9691

Thanks. Yes I've been into settings and done what you suggested. It might have fixed the problem....

I have one instance of Battery - there is a rather convoluted work around so that I can use push and Ableton's drum racks with Battery, without needing to load multiple instances of battery. I tested this in December and it worked fine. It seems to happen when I create my own kit within Battery, or even a factory kit that I have saved. I have a kit that I made with 8 samples on it - this only has 4 stereo outputs. - Then if I load other factory kits with multiple samples it still shows 4 stereo outs and 24 mono outs.

However, now when I load kits with 32 or 48 samples, or for that matter any other kit, (I've tried about 10 different kits (some of my own and some factory kits) it seems to be fine,

I will try making another small kit and see what happens. - perhaps it was simply that I was not closing Battery and reopening when setting up. (It's always the little things!)

I'll let you know tomorrow. Thanks again

• Schrödinger 9691
    Answer ✓

Just wanted to say, that it did fix the problem. It seems that the kit I created was causing the settings to change. I deleted that kit and made a new one. No more problems.

Thanks very much