Native Access install-"please grant permission to Native Access to install dependencies"

Options
han_summer8
han_summer8 Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

I was going to install Native Access on my computer, but I keep getting the message "please grant permission to Native Access to install dependencies". I'm on a Windows computer and the thing says 'Release:3.4.0'. I just started music producing as a hobby a month ago, so I don't even get what that means. Also, the reason I want to download Native Access is because I want to use the Kontakt library. So, if there's a more convenient way of doing so, please let me know. I've been dealing with this problem for the whole day now, watching tutorials, reading articles and stuff, but couldn't manage to fix it. Please help. (And pardon me if my English is a bit wacky, I live in South Korea)

Best Answer

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,306 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

Did you search the other discussions to see if some of them talk about windows?

It’s not my comment, it’s from a NI employee. I didn’t have this problem since I’m still on NA1 until the mess of NA2 is fixed.

Frankly, I would just follow the last suggestion he is giving and downgrade NA until all the problems are solved

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    Options

The forum is full of discussions about this. Have a look at this one by Jeremy_NI and search for the others

• han_summer8
    edited July 2023
    Options

I'm on a Window computer and your comment says 'on Mac'. Does the thing work the same on Windows as well?

• han_summer8
    Options

I'm on a Window computer and your comment says 'on Mac'. Does the thing work the same on Windows as well?

• LostInFoundation
    Answer ✓
    Options

Did you search the other discussions to see if some of them talk about windows?

It’s not my comment, it’s from a NI employee. I didn’t have this problem since I’m still on NA1 until the mess of NA2 is fixed.

Frankly, I would just follow the last suggestion he is giving and downgrade NA until all the problems are solved

• LostInFoundation
    Options

You’re welcome. Hope you solve your problem

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,136 Expert
    edited July 2023
    Options

@han_summer8 Before you downgrade, have you tried running Native Access as an Administrator?

Right-click on the app icon and choose "Run as administrator" (관리자 권한으로 실행).

• SteveECrane
    SteveECrane Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

I've installed the new NTKDaemon (as an Administrator) then run a downloaded version of Native Access v3.9.0 (again, as an Administrator) and tried all of these 'solutions' whilst rebooting in between and de-installing all previous versions and subsequently re-installing them ... all to no avail.

I once dumped NI a decade ago following their colossal (and expensive - for its customers!) Kore and Kore 2 debacle. If I leave the NI ecosystem again, then this time I will never return save for the odd Kontakt updates. Despite the Godawful GUI, this really is the only reason I continue to use NI; everything else is not really focused on musicians an musicianship; it's just loops for the souped up DJ brigade, IMHO.

"Squint, squint, bleep, squint" ought to be the new NI Brand strapline!

Disparaged is possibly the most polite way of putting it!