Patterns for Lock States

Options
LostInFoundation
LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,295 Expert
edited July 2023 in Maschine

Let’s try…

Would it be possible to have pattern selection available in Lock States like all the other functions?

Comments

• Impermanence
    Impermanence Member Posts: 129 Advisor
    Options

Also! How about possibilty of naming the lock states?

I’m asking: who is the culprit. Who made it so that you can not (re)name lock states?

Are they still working?

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 640 Pro
    Options

is it not possible to simultaneously press a lock state and a pattern?

• LostInFoundation
    edited July 2023
    Options

I mean that if you want to have, e.g., pattern 1 of group A in a lock state and pattern 2 of same group A in another one, the different selection is not “recorded”.

Once you select pattern 2 and update the second Lock state, even the first one will play pattern 2.

Practically it is not behaving like the Scenes, where every scene will retain the patterns you selected

• 6xes
    edited July 2023
    Options

not sure i follow... but it sounds like you are desiring independant lock states, on a per group/pattern basis?

im guessing but if you were using a Daw for instance.. and had x3 separate plugin instances of maschine on separate tracks..

you could feed the audio-output of the 1st instance(song)... back into maschine instances 2&3(no song playing but with same FX as original song ) with their own separate lock-states receiving the Ext's sent out from 1st instance...

you could also split up the patterns or individual sounds of the scenes by sending them out to separated Ext's as well...

it would of course become quite hectic in trying to keep up with all the simultaneous scene/pattern changes and lock state changes

• 6xes
    Options

@LostInFoundation

ill attempt to simulate your suggested feature of separate lockstates... using the method i suggest and do it with reaper...

afterall... some things are easily said than done,,, ill post a video once ive achieved it!

• LostInFoundation
    edited July 2023
    Options

Mmmm…no…I think you understood what I wanted overcomplicating it ☺️.

What I would like is just to have Lock state 1 playing pattern 1 of a group and Lock state 2 playing pattern 2 (e.g.)

• 6xes
    edited July 2023
    Options

as i understand it.... you can only play a one pattern per group at a time... unless of course you duplicate that group at which point, you will need independant lock states??

ive tested it... and have done the simulated dual lockstates to basically work independantly..

it works...

in terms of separating a pattern into a separate channel(using Ext) and independant lockmode was easily achievable... in reaper at least...

there is nothing stopping me from having 10 independant lock states as well.... as all im doing is creating a dummy(blank) maschine instance with all the FX on it...

routing the Ext's(pattern or sound basis) out of the Maschine song instance into the the dummy machineFX tracks... creating the lockstates... then duplicating each instance so they all have the same FX&lock states

and then putting different midi change channel/notes for the lockstates on each track... works as i thought it would!

• 6xes
    Options

having thought about your suggestion, and having now implemented it....

there is nothing stopping me from routing or feeding external audio into any of the the dummy maschine instances to use them for the purposes of lockstate FX/volume manipulation in a realtime scenario

• LostInFoundation
    edited July 2023
    Options

Thank you for all the testing…but…you are not understanding me ☺️.

As I said, I don’t want to play multiple patterns together nor anything like this.

I just want that switching the Lock state switches the pattern. Just like Scenes do. Scene 1 plays pattern 5, Scene 2 plays pattern 3. In the same way, Lock state 1 plays pattern 5, Lock state 2 plays pattern 3 (e.g.).

Happy you found good use with your tests, but what I ask is something really simpler ☺️

• 6xes
    edited July 2023
    Options

its definately doable as you probably know outside of maschine of course

to achieve that... you would execute 2 midi-note ons which are sent to their appropriate midi change channels

1st midi note on-- sent to the scene&pattern of choice

2nd midi note on-- sent to lock state of choice

obvious they would have to occur one after another...

your feature idea is definately workable... but if you desire for NI to implement this feature...i wish you luck with that!! diy *winks

• LostInFoundation
    Options

Yes, thank you.

The idea was exactly to keep them alive with a feature request here and there 😏

Many things are achievable with workarounds…while it would be so nice to have them integrated. I thought that this shouldn’t be to much work for them to implement…

As I said in my very first sentence…let’s try…