Renaming Guitar Rig 6 User Presets No Longer Available - Mac OS

Options
Maxsaldez
Maxsaldez Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

Hello,

I tried to rename some of the User Presets directly in the Finder directory by renaming the ngrr Filenames. However, those presets no longer show up in Guitar Rig 6 and no matter what I try, I can't seem to import them back into the Preset Library.

The ngrr files are located here: /Users/admin/Documents/Native Instruments/Guitar Rig 5/Sounds

I can still see the files there, I only changed the name of the file but Guitar Rig doesn't recognize them anymore. I have tried resetting the preset library, importing them again, reinstalling guitar rig, etc. nothing seems to work.

Any thoughts on how to restore these presets? I would hate to lose some of them.

Thanks!

Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,781 mod
    edited July 2023
    Options

I assume you imported them into GR6 first? If so the files should now be in /Users/username/Documents/Native Instruments/User Content/Guitar Rig 6/Rack Presets

NB renaming the files in Finder doesn't make a difference to the preset name in GR6 - you need to edit that by clicking on the little i in a circle symbol at the bottom of the preset panel

• Maxsaldez
    edited July 2023
    Options

I see, thank you for showing me how to rename presets through the i icon on the bottom.

However, I do see the files that I renamed in the path you described above. I try to import them individually and still, I can't see them on the preset list. I tried moving them to the other path I listed above, importing them again, and still nothing is happening.

So essentially, I see the files but I can't import them. Why did they disappear from my preset list when I changed the name of the ngrr file in Finder? And how do I bring them back to my preset list?

• Kymeia
    Options

Are you looking at the list with the user symbol selected? (next to the search bar)

• Maxsaldez
    Options

Yes, but I am also searching for the presets without the user symbol selected. They're still not there.

• Kymeia
    Options

They won't show unless you have user selected

• Maxsaldez
    Options

I have tried both having user selected and not selected and they still don’t show up. Any ideas on how to restore these?

• Eddie_NI
    Eddie_NI Product Team Posts: 357 mod
    Options

@Maxsaldez

Sorry for the late reply, please send me a direct message with the presets attached that you need to recover.

The problem is that if you want to rename presets you have to do it inside of Guitar Rig. You should not rename the files on your computer. Otherwise the filename and preset name will not match and Guitar Rig considers them invalid.

• Maxsaldez
    Options

Understood, I tried to direct message you with the preset, ngrr files but it won't let me attach them because it said that the file format is not accepted.

I tried to rename the files back to their original names and they still won't show up when I try to import them again. Any other thoughts?

• Eddie_NI
    Eddie_NI Product Team Posts: 357 mod
    Options

Put all the preset files in a ZIP file, then you should be able to send them to me.