Can you divert your Send FX to a specific Kontakt output in Play Series instruments?

Options
supreuph
supreuph Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I'm currently using Empire Breaks. I'm using and tweaking a pre-made midi pattern from the instrument, it's fantastic.

I like to send individual drum sounds to their own outputs in Kontakt so I can control them individual audio tracks in my DAW (Cakewalk). That allows me to apply compression, stereo enhancement, noise, etc with some very specific tools that I like in my workflow. Directing the individual pad sounds to their own output is easy enough. What's not easy, though, is getting the send effects - in this case, the reverb - to a different output as well. It seems to default to the first track no matter what.

I suppose can account for this by sending every pad to a different output, then keeping the Reverb on the first (main) output. That way, I can put some widening or texture effects on the reverb ONLY to give the drums some additional depth. That's what I'm going for here. It just seems most simply to allow the Send FX to be routed to whatever output we prefer.

Is that possible? Or will I just have to move every sound to an output other than the main output in order to isolate the Send FX?

Tagged:

Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,368 mod
    Options

Is this one helpful? It is from the online manual:

Instrument Send Effects

To use a module as a send effect, add it to one of your Instrument’s Send Effects slots, and tap a source signal to be sent there by adding the Send Levels module to a Group, Bus or Instrument Insert Effects chain. A typical effect to be used in this way is a reverb: you might want to send different levels from the different parts of your instrument to the reverb, but then control the reverb as a single effect unit, Send Effects let you accomplish this.

The amount of signal that’s being sent to the effect is called the send level, while the effect’s output level is called the return level. In contrast to the Insert chains, the Instrument Send Effects work in parallel, and only receive signals that you explicitly send to them via the Send Levels module.

After you have added an effect to a slot in the Send Effects row, you will notice on its panel that it has a control labeled Return on its right side. This knob allows you to adjust the return level for this effect, as well as choose a routing target for its output signal by clicking on the small “I” icon next to the numerical readout.

Changing the output assignment of your send effects modules allows you to isolate wet effect signals from your Instrument’s Output Channel.

Note that you can send a signal to a send effect from more than one place within your Instrument. In such cases, the signals will be summed before they enter the effect; in other words, all send effects operate in a monophonic fashion.