Pattern Export from Maschine

Options
OSL8
OSL8 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hello All,

I am having an issue with the drag and drop midi function in Maschine. Maschine is not exporting all sounds at the designated length. For instance, all sounds are set to a pattern length of 4 bars and yet Maschine is exporting some at the right length while others are 3 bars or 5 bars etc. in length. Can anyone explain this behavior?

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

If there's no MIDI during a whole bar at the end of the Pattern then the export MIDI is always a bar shorter, example:

• You have a 4 Bar Pattern but the last full Bar has no MIDI in a specific Pad, only the first 3, exporting results in a 3 Bar length MIDI clip for that Pad.

I have no idea why MAS does this neither, it's very annoying, it should just use the Pattern length for all Pads regardless of content. As far as I am concerned it's a bug but it could also just be a poor design choice.

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

If there's no MIDI during a whole bar at the end of the Pattern then the export MIDI is always a bar shorter, example:

• You have a 4 Bar Pattern but the last full Bar has no MIDI in a specific Pad, only the first 3, exporting results in a 3 Bar length MIDI clip for that Pad.

I have no idea why MAS does this neither, it's very annoying, it should just use the Pattern length for all Pads regardless of content. As far as I am concerned it's a bug but it could also just be a poor design choice.