Battery 4.3.0 "Drum Machine Engine" doesn't work and other bugs

Options
Danrell
Danrell Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited July 2023 in Battery 4

The drum machine engine (standard/vintage - MP60 etc.) doesn't work for me. It doesn't alter the sound in any way.

Also when browsing sounds, the selected sound doesn't follow as you browse using keyboard arrows. It makes it frustrating to find the position that it's currently at to select a sound. It wasn't like this before.

Any ideas?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

@Danrell Thanks for the video, I was able to reproduce the issue, even in Battery in standalone, the engines have zero effect on the sound. I'll file a new bug for Battery 4.

After investigation, it also happens in Kontakt, the bug has been filed under this reference: KT-8365.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Danrell About the standard vs vintage, the difference is subtle, it's not like a lofi effect.

The keyboard arrow is a bug, or more a series of bugs where Keyboard handling does not work correctly in all DAWs. BT4-2143

Unfortunately there is no date for a fix at the moment.

• Danrell
    Options

@Jeremy_NI I've been able to clearly hear the difference before. :) Sometimes when i launch a project with an already loaded Battery instance it seems to work, but never when launching a new instance.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Danrell Ok, I see, this kind of behaviour has not been reported yet (AFAIK), would it be possible for you to make a short video (with sound), zip it and post it here?

• Danrell
    Options
  • Jeremy_NI
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

@Danrell Thanks for the video, I was able to reproduce the issue, even in Battery in standalone, the engines have zero effect on the sound. I'll file a new bug for Battery 4.

After investigation, it also happens in Kontakt, the bug has been filed under this reference: KT-8365.