Komplete 14 libraries not showing in Kontakt or Komplete Kontrol

Options
abcd-abcd
abcd-abcd Member Posts: 24 Member

Like a moth to a flame, I just shelled out another not-insignificant chunk of change and updated to Komplete 14 Collector's Edition, which I have fully installed.

However, none of the new libraries show up in either Kontakt 6 & 7 or Komplete Kontrol, which I have duly deleted .db3 s for and re-installed, to no avail.

I had trouble with Kontakt 7 a while back being completely empty and it took about a week for Native Instruments to help me fix this (by deleting a pref for Guitar Pro 6 - huh??).

These shenanigans mean that I have now LOST ALL MY FAVOURITES. Is Native Instruments stuff rubbish and am I a Komplete Idiot?

Kome on Native Instruments, we need you to be MUCH BETTER - update all your software & interfaces - and leave us free TO MAKE MUSIC!!!!

Best Answer

• abcd-abcd
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks JesterMgee, PoorFellow & Jeremy for your replies.

I have now managed to get the new instruments installed - there were no error messages in Native Access 3.4.0 (now on 3.5.0) - but I went through manually and found that certain libraries had not been installed, due to lack of disk space.

BTW, yes I have added all NI apps & daemon to 'Full Disk Access' and always run apps standalone first.

It has not been a good experience and I regret being stuck in this eco-system (fonts too small, can't make interface bigger, poor integration with my NI keyboard, etc etc). And I've lost all my favourites... Software should not get in the way of doing a job, it should enable & enhance...

Hopefully I can get back to making music! Cheers.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,620 Expert
    Options

Have you opened Komplete Kontrol in standalone mode first?

Have you tried to open the preferences and do a manual scan?

Example (screenshots) of content you have installed and where it is not appearing in KK/Kontakt? Does other content appear? Do you ave all the required security preference and disk access checked in the mac security section?

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,943 mod
    Options

Are you sure that you were/are running the latest version of Native Access prior to installing ? (latest is version 3.4.0) .

Native Access :    https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/native-access-2/    OR https://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/downloads/

Also if you have any problems of the sort then always try running all apps as an Admin in whole install chain (from when installing and starting Native Access to installing offending apps from Native Access while also running as an Admin) , and also run the offending apps after install as both an Admin and as stand-alone ! ?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Options

@abcd-abcd Any update on your issue? Some people offered their help here so it would be nice to get back!

• abcd-abcd
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks JesterMgee, PoorFellow & Jeremy for your replies.

I have now managed to get the new instruments installed - there were no error messages in Native Access 3.4.0 (now on 3.5.0) - but I went through manually and found that certain libraries had not been installed, due to lack of disk space.

BTW, yes I have added all NI apps & daemon to 'Full Disk Access' and always run apps standalone first.

It has not been a good experience and I regret being stuck in this eco-system (fonts too small, can't make interface bigger, poor integration with my NI keyboard, etc etc). And I've lost all my favourites... Software should not get in the way of doing a job, it should enable & enhance...

Hopefully I can get back to making music! Cheers.