How can I activate MM-Bass in Kontakt 6?

Options
Doobopuk
Doobopuk Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited July 2023 in Kontakt

I've recently purchased Scarbee MM-Bass and installed via Continuata. However the instructions (I find) aren't clear abaout activation in Kontakt. I can only see activation can be done using Native Access but that requires a serial # of 5 blocks of 5 characters. The serial provided by Scarbee, which worked for download and installaion, is only 5 block of 4 characters. I've successfully installed J-Bass and Pre-Bass but this is eluding me.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Doobopuk
    Answer ✓
    Options

Just to let you know the incorrect serial number was issued. Scarbee is sending me a correct one. Thanks VP.

Chris

Answers

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,098 Guru
    Options

I am not understanding this scenario - I see Scarbee MM-Bass right inside my listing in Native Access 2 (as part of my Komplete 14 Ultimate package) Did you buy this direct from Scarbee?

I thought NI handled all the Scarbee stuff for many a year? And see this on the Scarbee Support FAQ

FAQ - Activating Komplete/Komplete Ultimate & Maschine - SCARBEE

"Native Instruments takes care of ALL support of SCARBEE"

While NI should be able to sort this serial for you - I do not understand why you did not buy it directly from NI as it's still 50% off today:

VP

• Doobopuk
    Options

Hi Vocalpoint, thanks for your response. Firstly I received a mail from Scarbee so bought from him also with 50% off. The install process uses a serial # which is input in to Continuata which handles the the downlaod and installation. I can only run Kontakt 6 and Native Access 1.14.1 as my Mac cannot run anything higher. The library doesn't appear automatically in Kontakt but the instructions don't make too much sense as activation for a new Library is done through NA which requires a serial # of the format xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xcxxxx

The serial from Scarbee is in the format xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx which doesn't work. I've attached the instructions I've received but they don't mirror what I'm seeing.

Cheers,

Chris

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,098 Guru
    Options

Sounds like this is one for NI to sort out.

Only they would have a conduit to Scarbee and be able to get your the correct serial - which is most certainly in the (xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx) format.

Once you get it - that serial should be input into NA 1.14.1 and that will activate it and allow you to show NA1 where the actual install is and make it available within NA1 (Locate).

Cheers

VP

• Doobopuk
    Options

hanks VP, that's what I'm thinking. Was just hoping somebody might have experienced the problem but I guess most would have purchased through NI.

Cheers,

Chris

• Doobopuk
    Answer ✓
    Options

Just to let you know the incorrect serial number was issued. Scarbee is sending me a correct one. Thanks VP.

Chris