Libraries not showing up in Kontakt 7

Options
Sam G
Sam G Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Hello! I wondered someone can help me; I've recently installed and opened Kontakt 7 with the aim of wanting to use it in place of the previous Kontakt versions.

When I open Kontakt 7, it seems to be only showing a select few of my installed libraries. All of my missing libraries are properly installed and showing in Native Access, and they show up fine in my previous versions of Kontakt.

Interestingly, when I go to the classic/traditional display in Kontakt 7, it shows no libraries at all, which is a bit strange.

I have tried deleting the database files so that Kontakt can rebuild the database, but that hasn't resolved the issue. I have also made sure that full disk access has been given to the correct NI applications as well.

I would be most grateful if anyone can help me!

I have included a few screenshots to show what things look like.

Many thanks

Sam

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

@Sam G Please don't reinstall yet! There are a few things to check first.

To show the libraries in the old school browser you need to maximize the view, click on this button here:

What versions of Kontakt were you using before and what libraries are missing in Kontalt 7?

Does Kontakt have full disk access? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

• remmet
    remmet Member Posts: 4 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

I solved the problem by first clicking on this:

and then clicking on this:

All my Kontakt sample files on various drives appeared once again. It's one of several problems I wish they'd fix.

Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,409 mod
    Options

Do you have Kontakt Full version? Or Kontakt player?

Also, if you have the Full version, did you actually install the libraries? or they are there since older Kontakt versions?

• Sam G
    Options

Hi there,

Thanks so much for your quick response. I have the full version of Kontakt 7. The libraries were installed and used in the previous version(s) of Kontakt; do they need to be reinstalled/added?

Many thanks

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,409 mod
    Options

If you want the libraries to appear at the main screen too, you should reinstalled them, yes. However, older libraries might still not appear there. If you ask me, too much trouble, since you can see your libraries anyway. :-)

• Sam G
    edited July 2023
    Options

Ok, so when you say re-install, do they need to be fully re-installed from scratch in order to show with the graphic/thumbprint etc? If so, yes that is quite a lot of work!

I was also a little confused as you said 'since you can see your libraries anyway', however that was my point, I can't see quite a few of my libraries, even on the traditional layout view option 🤔

• Jeremy_NI
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

@Sam G Please don't reinstall yet! There are a few things to check first.

To show the libraries in the old school browser you need to maximize the view, click on this button here:

What versions of Kontakt were you using before and what libraries are missing in Kontalt 7?

Does Kontakt have full disk access? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Sunborn Please be careful, there are a few things to check before advising a reinstall which can take a long long time and might not even fix the issue, especially if you don't start with the basics.

• areaman77
    areaman77 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Any answer on this thread? I am having the exact same issue.

Upgraded to Kontakt 7 (full version). I added a bunch of libraries that had not previously installed. None of the new ones show. The libraries I had previously installed, (and using in Kontakt 6) do show. All libraries have the same file path. Native Access shows all libraries installed with no error message. Kontakt 7 is not showing many of the libraries. I have tried this in stand-alone, AU plug-in, and AAX plug-in. This is not related to the Show/Hide libraries function in Kontakt. The libraries that Native Acces is showing as installed properly do not appear in the Show/Hide selection window.

I followed 'How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS' and it did not make a difference.

I followed the procedure for doing a complete uninstall (of everything except sample data), reinstalled, exact same issue.

Any insight before I completely wipe all NI software and content from my machine and do a clean install of Komplete Ultimate?

I am on M1 Macbook Pro Ventura

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@areaman77 Are the libraries missing in both browsers of Kontakt 7, the old school one, and the new one? Which libraries are missing exactly? Have you tried resetting Kontakt 7's database?

Reinitialize the KONTAKT Database

• Hold down the alt key on your computer's keyboard and click Go in the Finder menu bar. Choose the appearing Library entry in the drop-down menu.
    • Navigate to Application Support > Native Instruments.
    • Depending on the KONTAKT version you are using, delete the following folder:
    • KONTAKT 7: "Kontakt 7"
    • Start KONTAKT as a standalone application (not in your DAW). 

• remmet
    remmet Member Posts: 4 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

I solved the problem by first clicking on this:

and then clicking on this:

All my Kontakt sample files on various drives appeared once again. It's one of several problems I wish they'd fix.

• innerbooty
    innerbooty Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Hi, I am just starting with Kontakt 7 on a new computer, having run Kontakt 6 on a different computer. I am having similar issues. But first off why does my Kontakt window not show the same icons at the tops as yours? Neither the AAX plugin version or the standalone version have those same icons at the top (see below). I am also trying to figure out why the Kontakt Factory Library and LIbrary 2 don't show up in the Browser Library search. Thanks!

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,969 Guru
    Options

You need to click on the VIEW then click Side Pane.

Let me know if you need more info.

• innerbooty
    Options

Sorry, but I don't see those icons anywhere. I'm running 7.8. Did the whole interface change between this post and Kontakt 7.6, the manual I downloaded? What I am seeing in the manual and in this thread is not what I am seeing on my system. Also, the way Presets are displayed in the Browser is different. Entirely possible I'm doing something stupid. Just not sure what. (screenshots below, with one taken from the manual)

• Milos
    Options

I am talking about the VIEW button beside the LIBRARY button.

• Milos
    Options

Let me know if I missed something.

• innerbooty
    edited February 7
    Options

My first screenshot was the Side Pane view. I'm not seeing those icons that come after the Kontakt logo anywhere. According to the manual it's the Control Panel. Still entirely possible I'm doing something dumb, but seems weird to have the main Control Panel not showing up (I'm new to the NI forums, but why is this post showing as "Answered"?)