Bad Audio only with specific headphones

Rookie2023
Rookie2023 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited October 22 in Maschine

Hi all,

my machine plus has terrible audio using both my headphones which work fine with my iPhone. An external speaker works well with good sound. additionally audio via the regular stereo ports works fine the same time also with the above mentioned headphones

that is quite confusing to me.

anyone any idea about this? thank you!

cheers

Best Answer

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,314 Expert
    Answer ✓

Is the impedance of your headphone the same to use with Maschine?

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,314 Expert
    Answer ✓

Is the impedance of your headphone the same to use with Maschine?

• Rookie2023

I found no information about impedance for machine plus so far. Alas I cannot check this

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,191 mod
    edited July 2023

Headphone impedance certainly is a factor , but alas no recommendation is given in specs. (you could maybe try headphones with a little higher impedance ?)

You could check to see if any of the audio settings can improve your experience , especially the "Check the MASCHINE+ (Stand-Alone) Audio Interface" at lower part of page ! : My Headphone Output is Not Working on MASCHINE MK3 or MASCHINE+ :

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/6102612460573-My-Headphone-Output-is-Not-Working-on-MASCHINE-MK3-or-MASCHINE-

Else you could try contacting support ! : Support link :  http://bit.ly/NIsupport_maschine

MASCHINE+ head phone out specs :

Headphone Out         

Maximum Output Level   29.4 mW @ 33 Ohm load      

Dynamic Range   102 dB      

THD+N   0.007 %      

Frequency Response:   20Hz-20kHz +/- 0.35 dB      

Crosstalk L/R   -60 dB

Also from manual : The headphones output of your MASCHINE+ is an additional stereo output, distinct from the main output pair, and perfectly tailored for the Cue channel of MASCHINE+. However, if you want to monitor the main outputs in your headphones, please select +Phones in the Outputs section of the Hardware page in the SETTINGS. For more information, refer to Hardware Settings.

• Rookie2023

Thx very much to all. Bought a new headphone and now it sounds great.

• Danny Dog
    Danny Dog Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Bit late to the party here - but if anyone else has the same problem - I experienced exactly what you described… and it seemed to be linked directly to active noise cancelling. When it was switched on my headphones I would have a buzzing noise that would stop when I made contact with the Maschine + … when the ANC was switched off the buzzing would stop. maybe the same for other headphones.

This discussion has been closed.