Where do I install Massive preset collections?

WGDee
WGDee Member Posts: 6 Member
edited 9:11AM in Massive X & Synths

According to the latest manual, user content should be stored at the following location on a Mac-

• User­ /Documents>/Native Instruments/Massive/Sounds

Can I assume this is the best location to install 3rd party preset collections (folders)? Also, can I move the presets stored in "Users/Shared" to this location to simplify my preset browsing? Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,772 mod
    Answer ✓

Yes indeed you can also install 3rd party presets there.

Yes, you can also move the presets stored in "Users/Shared" to this location.

Or, you can also go to Massive options and Add any path you like! You don't have to put them all on the same place, neither to the default location. Default locations are suggested, but they are not mandatory.

However, what ever you do, after that, you have to open Massive in stand alone mode, go to options and click "Rebuild database"!

Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,772 mod
    Answer ✓

Yes indeed you can also install 3rd party presets there.

Yes, you can also move the presets stored in "Users/Shared" to this location.

Or, you can also go to Massive options and Add any path you like! You don't have to put them all on the same place, neither to the default location. Default locations are suggested, but they are not mandatory.

However, what ever you do, after that, you have to open Massive in stand alone mode, go to options and click "Rebuild database"!

• WGDee
    WGDee Member Posts: 6 Member

Thank you, Sunborn!

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,628 mod

If you use Komplete Kontrol also add that path to the User Libraries tab (same for FM8/Absynth) and their libraries will show in the user section in Komplete Kontrol too.

This discussion has been closed.