Q&A with Maschine/Maschine Plus team?

Options

Comments

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,364 Expert
    Options

That NI does not use the forum as primary means to communicate company or product news. You have to check their website or subscribe to their social media channels to stay informed.

• AdelV
    AdelV Member Posts: 222 Pro
    Options

Still nothing, no info...Are you guys working, alive? New layoffs?

• AdelV
    Options

UP 😆👌Have a nice day guys!

• AdelV
    edited August 2023
    Options

I was totally ignored ;( And I have spent so much time and energy learning Maschine ma over the years. I don't expect a very elaborate answer but at least some sign that something is happening and to just wait patiently.

• AdelV
    Options

It's October, still no info, no update, no nothing. Is something new even planned for next update?

• tomdog
    tomdog Member Posts: 13 Member
    Options

How do you guys generally feel about Maschine+? I’ve been thinking of investing in one but am concerned because I’ve seen people reposting about the same problems that the device was getting a couple years ago. Is it a solid and stable device? I can’t afford to go to a show and not be able to boot up and perform. Are there alternatives that you think are more reliable (even if they don’t have as many bells and whistles)? I want a controller that I can use without a computer attached to it.

• AdelV
    Options

Mostly stable, mostly good. Comparing to mpc one overall exprience much nicer. Comparing other grooveboxes like MC101/707, SP404mk2 (i have them All)- Maschine even without latest updates is miles ahead. Needs more love and overall work on stability and content. I don't like timestreching algoritm - sounds harsh and not so modern, can generate CPU peaks and heavy load. Maschine Expansions install procedure is near gaming console expierience. For example Akai Expansions are more like 90s Sample CD 😆😆 In Maschine+ device is connecting to NI cloud/servers and installing samples, patterns, etc on your device. Love it. ♥️👌

• ozon
    Options

@tomdog asked:

Is it a solid and stable device?

No.

@AdelV said:

Akai Expansions are more like 90s Sample CD

But you can create your own, which are in no way different from factory expansions. Something which is simply impossible for Maschine.

• djadidai
    djadidai Member Posts: 394 Pro
    Options

I have a setup consisting of a M+, 707, S-1, tr6s and a Volca bass. All connected to separate channels to a djm850 except for the Volca (input in the 707), M+ is the master and I’ve run this setup for hours without problems. However, many sounds/samples are prepared or sampled internally to save cpu. I still have a massive, monarch, prism, and fm8 running tho. No audio modules. Some effects are loaded.

• tomdog
    Options

Ok, thank you for your response - this is somewhat reassuring although I’m still a bit nervous about pulling the trigger on spending this much $. I also understand that posting this question on, and reading other exchanges on community boards where people are looking for answers to deal with problems/failures might have a bit of bias to them 😂

• tomdog
    Options

than you @ozon - I’m not sure I would do anything more than pack updates or very occasionally importing a sample or two of lily own. I just want to build and play loops and/or instrument sounds live and know that when I arrive to set up my devices will power up and I can perform. Do you think that Maschine+ is not stable enough to do this? What are better options? Many thanks for your advice and analysis.

• tomdog
    Options

that sounds like a pretty sweet set up. And you have had no issues with M+ startup/freezing/crashes/reinstalls?

• ozon
    Options

It really depends on your needs: Types and numbers of instruments, complexity of arrangements, how and what you want to perform, how willing you are to accept compromises or find workarounds. For some it works, for other less. As @djadidai mentioned to not use the Audio module is fine for his performances, but might be a no go for others - because it is the module to use for audio loops but has really severe performance problems which can kill a live gig.

• tomdog
    Options

ok - thanks for that, I will continue to investigate and sorry about the typos, weird autocorrects happened! 😂

• AdelV
    Options

Maybe buy second hand unit. M+ even with problems is amazing device ♥️👌