Native Community vs. other communities

Options
ronnie_cessna
ronnie_cessna Member Posts: 80 Member

I just wanted to say that I'm happy to be a part of the Native Community. I have visited other forums like on Facebook and this place seems to set the bar. There is an Ableton community that I visited where the majority of people seemed a bit immature. I also wanted to ask if we are free to discuss Ableton Live here.

Tagged:

Comments

• ronnie_cessna
    Options

I think I answered my own question about Ableton when I saw the tag.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,625 Expert
    Options

Yeah you can discuss most things here and the level of user experience and respectful banter is more high here than most other places.

I left the Ableton forums after 10 years because it turned into a police state with the few mods there shutting down most discussions that were not specifically related to Live or if anyone even hinted of frustrations. The forum there has been in neglect for years and it use to be a fun lively place but is just ghost town, most other knowledgeable users moved away years ago and as you mention, it is mostly just new users now who refuse to RTFM, demand help and contribute nothing in return ever. Popped back there recently and it's just loads of users complaining now about all the issues with the latest Push 3.

• ronnie_cessna
    Options

Tons of complaints about Push 3! I asked if anyone knew how to convert files from Damage (Heavyocity) to use as samples because I was reading that Live 11 won't do that. I guess older versions used to. So people did not like that question and were leaving stupid comments, so the mod deleted it for not being about Live even though I mentioned Live specifically. They would do that to anyone who had a question that was even remotely noob. Then proceed, for no apparent reason, to list all of the equipment they have trying to sound cool.

• JesterMgee
    Options

Yep, that is why so many knowledgeable users have left leaving such a massive hole of knowledge empty and why alomst all posts have only 1 or 2 answers if any at all anymore. I love Live and use to think they were an innovative and forward thinking company but after the forum was not only neglected but the community was completely shot down, even with the casual lounge area being shut down, it's a pretty sad place and is doing more harm to the brand than good these days II feel. Shame, the old days were sometimes a really fun place.

• ronnie_cessna
    Options

I still really like Ableton. I started out using Live 5-6. I tried other programs but I'm kinda comfortable with Live.

• Isotoxin
    Isotoxin Member Posts: 125 Helper
    Options

Sorry, I can't participate in discussion, I'm using Bitwig. 😁

• ronnie_cessna
    Options

Your message will be removed for the following reasons 😆

• ronnie_cessna
    Options

Speaking of Live, if I have Live open before I turn on my blue tooth speaker then Live does not detect it in audio preferences. I have to quit and restart Live for it to appear in preferences. Is there an easier way?

• JesterMgee
    Options

Nope, Live does a scan of audio devices so it can generate the Input/Output lists. It is ALWAYS a good idea to have audio devices powered up before starting any DAW for this reason. The easiest method would be to make sure things are switched on before starting Live. Bluetooth speakers are also not all that great to use with a DAW (too much latency, not designed for "real time" audio processing so can suffer from dropouts etc). A proper professional audio interface with ASIO drivers is recommended for Windows.

• ronnie_cessna
    Options

It's the only thing I've got at the moment. I'm saving for a pair of JBL 5" monitors.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,609 admin
    Options

You're free to post discussions about any brands here @ronnie_cessna as long as they're not advertisements that is 😃