Best way to give Komplete Collectors Edition as a Gift?

Options
Siyose
Siyose Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited June 2023 in Komplete General

I want to purchase Komplete Collectors Edition as a surprise gift for my dad. I guess the best way to do this is just buy it on my account and transfer the license to him?

If I find out he's already bought it or I need to get it refunded for another reason, is that possible? I saw something that said downloadable products are not refundable, but what if the license was never activated or any download done?

Before buying I'm just trying to make sure I do it in the easiest way and don't get stuck if I need to return it.

Cheers

Comments

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,797 Expert
    Options

You might buy it on other e-shop than NI. In that case it will not be on your account for sure. You will receive the code and dad would add it to his NI account.

About the return, if not used, I do not know. It may vary country to country. But for sure, once it is on your account, it would be difficult/inpossible to get refund....

The best to ask the seller about the return policy...

• Lu_
    Lu_ Member Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Just wanted to say you're a nice kid!

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,307 Expert
    Options

In my opinion, if you want to avoid any risk, you could make him a special gift card of some sort that will only announce you are going to gift him Komplete.

Something in the lines of a collage of many pictures of the instruments, a very big “fake” voucher or anything else comes to your mind.

In this way you will avoid the risk of buying something you then maybe discover he already bought and it is difficult to refund/resell/transfer to another account and I’m sure he will also appreciate the manual work involved in it.

I did it one time for a fake Roland Garros finals ticket (since the decision on exactly what to buy was depending also on him) and he was very happy of it , not receiving only the gift and its commercial value but also the manual work involved.

He said “wow, you really put effort in it, not only just put your hands on the wallet”

• Siyose
    Siyose Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Both great ideas, thanks y'all! I'm glad I asked here.

A personally made gift voucher is a nice touch :)

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,943 mod
    edited June 2023
    Options

Komplete Collectors Edition can be bought as both download and as a boxed version.

If I were you I would find out if the boxed version is refundable if seal is not broken (if sealed ?) !

I do not know if native-instruments.com sells the boxed version themselves , but anyway then ask seller if product is sealed and if you can return the boxed version if seal is not broken on product !

As an example then if in the EU you could take look at e.g. Thomann's website , they allow to select Boxed version prior to checkout ! ;

https://www.thomann.de/intl/native_instruments_komplete_14_collectors_edit_567886.htm

• Kubrak
    Options

I guess Komplete 14 (all versions) is the first one that is download only (without installation media). K13U CE was the last one one could get the disc. And few bulky things were not on disc anyway.....

I like voucher idea very much. Much better than saying, you have K14U CE now and resending email with Licence Code....

• PoorFellow
    Options

Yes , it may be sold without installation media , but there is still a boxed version available albeit only containing product serial , and the product still have to be downloaded !

• Kubrak
    Options

OK, strange, but the world is like that.

• LostInFoundation
    Options

Where did you find a boxed version of k14? I would be careful, it may be scam

• LostInFoundation
    edited June 2023
    Options

@Siyose I have a nice idea for a very cool peculiar gift card, coming from the also very cool Minimoogmodeld site celebrating its 70th anniversary (between: check the site, is much fun)

The only problem is it is representing a Model D, not one of NI synths…but it’s sooooo cute

Or something made with Lego

• PoorFellow
    edited June 2023
    Options

On German Thomann's site , and I have a really hard time believing that they are scamming people ! (you choose version in the upper right - Download or box , Thomann also offers chat support in some hours of the day) :

https://www.thomann.de/intl/native_instruments_komplete_14_collectors_edit_567886.htm

• LostInFoundation
    Options

No. Being Thomann probably is not a scam. But maybe it is an “error” and they kept the choices option from previous Komplete versions. I doubt they can, as “external” sellers, offer something like a box with registration serials that even NI offers.

If You are curious, you could contact them to ask if a box version even exists

• PoorFellow
    Options

Since the OP never responded to the question then it's hardly worth my time considering that I am not buying it myself. Also , if OP were interested then OP should have contacted Thomann to verify that box version were sealed and could be returned which in turn would either have proved the existence of a boxed version or if not !

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,603 admin
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi all, I can confirm that the boxed version being sold at Thomann only contains registration serials. It's not a hard drive because we don't offer that for Komplete 14.

Thing is, this boxed version is meant to be for an in-store display so the fact that they're selling it online is confusing indeed. 😅 Edit: Our sales manager said they're offering this version because there are people who want to own a physical product (!!).

However, this could be a great solution for @Siyose. A download version of K14 is non-refundable so if you're not sure if your dad has the bundle already, getting this boxed version is a great alternative (provided that Thomann lets you return).

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,603 admin
    Options

By the way we do have gift cards available: