DOWNLOADS EXTREMELY SLOW

Options
hectorblg
hectorblg Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited June 2023 in Komplete General

This is extremely annoying. I upgraded my ultimate collector's edition and got a new PC. Everything was lovely until download began. I haven't been downloading all time, because I move from place to place, but after 2 weeks, I can't finish downloading. I don't have a very fast internet speed (50gb), but NI is downloading at 1 gb max. And nothing to do with bad connection, firewalls, or any other thing. I downloaded Steinberg Cubase pro and 300 gb from Daz Studio (3D software), and it took 2 hours. I remembered on my last PC, I downloaded all content in a day. Now it takes 5 hours to download the larger 70gb files, and 2-3 hours for the 20-30 gb. It's a disgrace that NI can't have a decent way to download its content. I'm in Mexico, and that's why they probably don't care.

Tagged:

Comments

• Simchris
    Simchris Member Posts: 255 Pro
    Options

Did you change your DNS to google or cloudflare vs your local isp?

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,602 admin
    Options

Could it be because of a proxy server?

My Native Access Downloads Are Taking Too Long

• Anthony H
    Anthony H Member Posts: 27 Member
    Options

I have the same issue - and it seems many do. Have run through that trouble-shooting page and none of it is applicable here. The download is simply trickling in at an unacceptably slow rate.

I'm on a 40Mbps fibre connection, and the estimated download time on ONE LIBRARY, 20gb, is at 100 hours! I have the Komplete 14 Collectors edition, which has well over 200 products. This single library is only 2% of the (supposed) 1TB size of Komplete. At this rate, I'll be looking at FIVE THOUSAND HOURS just to download the installers for the collection.

Changing DNS to google didn't make a dent.

What are we supposed to do??

• hectorblg
    hectorblg Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Maybe complain in social media, especially in all their advertisings. In my experience with other companies, that works far better than opening a ticket in support.

• SkydiverJutt
    SkydiverJutt Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

This issue is absolutely Native Instruments download servers. I'm on a new win11 Surface (fastest they make) with Intel i7 3.4GHZ (faster), 32gb RAM, Thunderbolt 4 at 40gbs to a dock doing USB 3.2 2x2 @ 20gbs to a Samsung SSD with writes speeds of 2000mbs. I started the Komplete 14 Ultimate downloading all over 12 hours ago and I'm nowhere near done. Performance Manager shows the following stats:

4% processor util

Processor speed 1.4ghz to 3.4 (Base speed 2.60GHZ)

Cores: 10

Logical Processors: 12

Processes: 257 Threads: 3714 Handles: 137617

RAM: In use 13gb Avail RAM: 18.7 RAM Speed: 5200 MHZ

Disk 1 (Samsung SSD where I'm writing): Active Time: 85% ave response: 428MHZ WRITE SPEED: 8mbs

Testing downloads from other vendors is honking fast. Notice the write speed?

Well WIFI is currently RECEIVING a range of 6mbs to a high of 67mbs (I average 600mbs on other sites).

This is why everything is so slow.

Its not our ISP - NI has turtle throughput on their side.

Which is not what I expect after spending what I did for this software.

So folks with slower internet speeds - OMG!

• SeanNiddleton
    SeanNiddleton Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

The problem is 100% with NI and its servers. They are way too slow. I get quite angry reading the myriad responses from NI on this issue. Not once do they fess up that its their servers at fault. Instead they always suggest its a problem at the user end with his network'', ''his ISP''...... blah blah blah. Fess up and sort it out NI. We pay a lot of money for your products and we expect and deserve better

• silenthwk
    silenthwk Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

I'm late to this conversation. On average, it takes me about a WEEK to download everything. I just bought a MAC STUDIO, I have 1GB speed, and one 70GB file is taking 7 HOURS. It can't be the internet. On. my other computers it's fast. It MUST be NI servers? It makes me not want to purchase or upgrade again. FOREVER! It absolutely can't be like this. Thanks for listening!--:() Michael B.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,152 Guru
    Options

I can download a 70GB file in a few seconds (same 1GB speed as you). Presumably it's coming from the same place, but if not - maybe in different countries the files are hosted in different places. I'm in the UK.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,931 mod
    Options

@SeanNiddleton and @silenthwk , if it is indeed the N.I. servers then switching server using a VPN ought to help and if it does help then contact N.I. with respect to that. Else it could be something in the setup of your computer or a bug in something (not excluding N.I. products) .

If you are using a WiFi connection then do try a wired connection instead since more users have experienced problems with using their WiFi because of settings ! And some Mac users have experienced problems using e.g. Private Relay !

• Simchris
    Simchris Member Posts: 255 Pro
    Options

Also, highly recommend moving from your ISP DNS to Google or Cloudflare DNS. This solved issues for us and we now always do this with any new machine or device, Mac or Windows, etc. DNS really does affect speed and connectivity for resolving all the 'hops' between your location (IP) and the NI Server(s). You can do a checkup using traceroute from command line on your PC or Mac and see where the bottleneck is. Seriously worth trying if you have an issue with your speed connecting anywhere around the world including other folks in the music plugin space. :) That being said, all providers so have slowdowns from time to time due to server updates, free software giveaways, new version launch day, etc.