Komplete Kontrol getting "stuck" in Maschine Mk1?

Options
Phantom Lamb
Phantom Lamb Member Posts: 11 Member

Hello,

For some reason when I try and open Komplete Kontrol in Maschine Mk1, it seems to be getting stuck in the top left portion of my screen, not letting me resize, move, or minimize it.

This has created extremely limited navigation and workflow. As seen in the image, all the red arrows represent things I cannot access or move.

Am I doing something dumb on my end? Is the software just antiquated? Thoughts? It seems to work fine when opened in standalone mode.

Appreciate the help and any solutions!

Best Answer

• Phantom Lamb
    Answer ✓
    Options

I'm in shock, a much sharper guy than me on Reddit suggested just using a VST3 wrapper in Maschine. Not only has it fixed the KK window being stuck but it has allowed me to integrate Neutron 4 Elements, FabFilter Q3, and every other plug-in seamlessly.

All of this is running on my Mk1 and Maschine 1 software. Old dog, new tricks. I couldn't be happier.

That being said, I may still upgrade to Maschine 2 in the future, but not any time soon.

Thanks again for all the help.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,311 Expert
    Options

It is a problem affecting other users too lately. Do you have a high dpi monitor?

• Phantom Lamb
    Options

Here are the monitors I am using, I have 2x ViewSonic connected via docking station.

• LostInFoundation
    Options

Is the problem happening in both monitors? Or maybe only in the secondary one?

• Phantom Lamb
    Options

It happens on my primary monitor "Intel HD Graphics" and Komplete Kontrol won't even open on the ViewSonic monitors.

• LostInFoundation
    Options

Another (maybe useless) test: try to leave only the main monitor active

• LostInFoundation
    Options

So…since other users are reporting this, probably it’s a bug on the softwares side…sorry

• Phantom Lamb
    Options
  • JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,639 Expert
    edited June 2023
    Options

The v1.x of Maschine is rather old and since you can actually load Komplete Kontrol in it (which you cannot in Maschine 2.x since there is no point as the keyboard is fully supported, so no chance anyone else is reporting this issue) it's likely an issue with how it is being loaded. Basically, not compatible and bug or not, no chance that will be fixed ever.

If KK loads in another DAW fine, put it down to the old Maschine software being antiquated and KK not being supported in it. May be time to update to 2.x

• Phantom Lamb
    Options

Sorry I'm not following you, you can or cannot load KK in Maschine 2.x? I know the S/A keyboards integrate this but I am still working with my old Maschine controller and just MIDI keyboards.

From NI's website here, it looks like they should still be supported by the new software. However, my question remains if KK can be used if I upgrade to the new software?

Appreciate the feedback, I don't want to waste more money if not needed. Side note, I also love all the old forum posts are deleted and my post count was reset, fantastic!

• JesterMgee
    Options

There is no need to load KK in Maschine 2.x since all the functionality and browser capability is built-in to Maschine so it is not even listed as a plugin to load, which makes sense as it offers no benefit in Maschine.

Maschine 1.x was obviously not designed for the new hardware and so lists KK to load and it "should" work like any other plugin but like any outdated and unsupported software, if there is an issue it's a case of "shrugs". I'd simply put it down to Maschine 1.x being too old

• Phantom Lamb
    Options

Ahhh now I understand, thanks for the clarification.

Due to budget I’m probably still going to use the Mk1 controller but I assume that the KK features are in the software and I should be able to run it fine?

Another, will my current projects transfer over to Maschine 2 with any problems? I have some stuff I don’t want to lose and one of the synths I was using was via KK and using the arppegiator.

Thanks

• JesterMgee
    Options

KK isn't so much "built in" to Maschine, rather all the NKS functionality and lightguide feature is an inherent part of Maschine and the KK plugin is actually more just the NKS browser part of Maschine as a standalone plugin. WHen you have a KK keyboard attached it is a controller for Maschine and you can browse/load sounds and control playback etc as an extension of the Maschine controller, hence why the KK plugin does not appear as an option in Maschine, it is simply obsolete with Maschine 2.

Another, will my current projects transfer over to Maschine 2 with any problems? I have some stuff I don’t want to lose and one of the synths I was using was via KK and using the arppegiator.

No idea, i've never used Maschine MK1 and it has been a pretty long drink since it was migrated from 1.x to 2.x. I have a stale memory that there was some converter built into the initial versions of Maschine 2.x to upgrade projects or maybe it was standalone (or a complete figment of my imagination) but you would have to do more research on that front or hopefully someone who use to use 1.x can chime in and fill in the blanks there

• Phantom Lamb
    Options

Understood. So if I don’t have a KK keyboard and just try to navigate via my current Maschine controller or even in the software, am I stuck or do I have the ability to use the same features (arpeggiator, scales, plug in chain, etc.)?

I can only upgrade the software for right now I can’t afford new hardware right now.

Thanks

• JesterMgee
    Options

No idea if the Arp/Scales work in Maschine, that may be a KK only feature. I really don't use Maschine much at all even tho I have a Maschine Studio, it is mostly used to keep a patch of my desk free of dust.