Download software for maschine mk ii

Options
Tbreezy
Tbreezy Member Posts: 27 Member

I haven't used my gear in a bit as my laptop stopped working 6 years ago and life got busy. I recently bought a new laptop, Lenovo yoga 9i, however I cannot find out how to download the maschine software- I think it was pre 2.0 version, but none of it looks available for down either through the tool or the legacy project access page...

I would love to test this laptop before my return period ends... please help. Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• Tbreezy
    Answer ✓
    Options

Nevermind, it's in access for download now. Is it normal for products to take 24 hours after purchase to show up?

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,308 Expert
    Options

Did you register the serial of your mk2 into Native Access (the one you call “the tool”?

• Tbreezy
    edited June 2023
    Options

Nope didn't know I needed to do that. But I added the serials "successfully" but no download is available still :(

Also all of the register numbers are showing up in my NI "my account"... I am really lost here. The hardware serial number matches the serial number in "my account". The serial number on the install disk enelope matches the numer in "my account" as well. i do not seem to have the install disk anymore...

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,849 mod
    Options

@Tbreezy I see that you contacted our support regarding these issues. I suspect you were using the Maschine 1 software that is now discontinued. My colleagues should be able to send you installers for that. If you wish to update to 2.0, now would be the time as the update is 50% off: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/maschine/maschine-accessories/maschine-2.0-software-update/

• Tbreezy
    Options

@Jeremy_NI so I upgraded to 2.0 and registered the serial numbers. It is still not showing in Native Acess? It really shouldn't be this hard...

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,308 Expert
    Options

Did you register the upgrade before they sent you the old one? If the base product isn’t present in your account, the upgrade cannot work

• Tbreezy
    Options

Huh? No. I have all the serial numbers entered. It allowed for the puchase of the upgrade... I don't have the old software installed, I can't install the old software. The old software is neither available through Native Access nor through the legacy downloads page. I haven't received any email from NI support...

• Tbreezy
    Options

@Jeremy_NI how do I go about getting the older installers so I can install the upgraded 2.0 that I purchased upon your recommendation? Thx...

• Tbreezy
    Answer ✓
    Options

Nevermind, it's in access for download now. Is it normal for products to take 24 hours after purchase to show up?

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,886 mod
    Options

24 hours is not common, usually it's either almost immediate or takes 5 to 15min in my experience.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,849 mod
    edited June 2023
    Options

@Tbreezy It definitely should be faster but It could be related to the ongoing sales special.

• Tbreezy
    Options

@Jeremy_NI can you help me understand how to read maschine softaware version numbers etc? I keep reading that it is up to version 2.6... but following your advice and path to easiest install - i upgraded from 1.x to 2.x and after the process of getting it installed, i did notice that the install version is 2.17.4. But if you search the web, it returns different results. was there a version numbering change? do the versions of the software depend on the hardware (meaning are different versions available for MK3, etc).

thanks

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,886 mod
    edited July 2023
    Options

There's no numbering changes; the software is the same for all Maschine controllers. Old OS's might only work with older Maschine versions but that's mostly an issue only for MacOS, modern Windows has no such problems afaik.

Ignore the general web, this forum and Native Access should be your source of accurate and up-to-date information.

2.6 is from 2022. The current version is 2.17.4, this thread is always updated, bookmark it: