Komplete Kontrol 2.8.x+ standalone freeze on "Initializing GUI.." and freeze on VST

Options
Ronvak
Ronvak Member Posts: 10 Member
edited June 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi

any ideas on how to solve this problem ?

it freeze in the standalone on "Initializing GUI.."

and in ableton live the plugin opened both VSTx64 and VST3 but when i click on the top menu arrow

it freezes the DAW.

any ideas ? tried versions:

2.8.0 , 2.8.1 , 2.9.3 , 2.9.4

i am using windows 11 all updated to the latest

i'm sure it's something on my computer since i've tried installing it on my laptop and it worked there

What i've tried:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/210296425

This is from Event Viewer:

General:

The program Komplete Kontrol.exe version 2.9.4.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Details(XML):

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>

<Provider Name="Application Hang" Guid="{c631c3dc-c676-59e4-2db3-5c0af00f9675}" />

<EventID>1002</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>101</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2023-06-14T16:43:34.1156486Z" />

<EventRecordID>29722</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="30088" ThreadID="30284" />

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>RonS</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data Name="AppName">Komplete Kontrol.exe</Data>

<Data Name="AppVersion">2.9.4.0</Data>

<Data Name="ProcessId">0x7520</Data>

<Data Name="StartTime">0x1d99edefe4afe71</Data>

<Data Name="TerminationTime">2761</Data>

<Data Name="ExeFileName">C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Komplete Kontrol\Komplete Kontrol.exe</Data>

<Data Name="ReportId">8c5ca134-10f0-401e-93fe-941db6de6280</Data>

<Data Name="PackageFullName" />

<Data Name="PackageRelativeAppId" />

<Data Name="HangType">Cross-thread</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

this is the results for "check the problem in the Security and Maintenance control panel":

Source
Komplete Kontrol

Summary
Stopped responding and was closed

Date
‎14/‎06/‎2023 15:16

Status
Report sent

Description
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
Faulting Application Path:	C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Komplete Kontrol\Komplete Kontrol.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:	AppHangB1
Application Name:	Komplete Kontrol.exe
Application Version:	2.9.4.0
Application Timestamp:	647dbaea
Hang Signature:	1398
Hang Type:	134742016
OS Version:	10.0.22621.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID:	1037
Additional Hang Signature 1:	13980916fb99be0d6e9a74457da92ac6
Additional Hang Signature 2:	3273
Additional Hang Signature 3:	3273838fe2013459f904b5780ee3e1a4
Additional Hang Signature 4:	1398
Additional Hang Signature 5:	13980916fb99be0d6e9a74457da92ac6
Additional Hang Signature 6:	3273
Additional Hang Signature 7:	3273838fe2013459f904b5780ee3e1a4

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:	43f097fbc57d59c3143ed842ad13b67b (1458841110197810811)

Best Answers

• Ronvak
    Answer ✓
    Options

SOLVED:

removed registry folder from Windows Registry Editor

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\Komplete Kontrol

Thank You

@Jeremy_NI if you are able to close the ticket you can close it

• BoBoBobby
    BoBoBobby Member Posts: 8 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you for the solution and for the super quick respond, it worked! so actually when I put back the NI folder into the registry for some reasons it doesn't work on the stand alone app but only works in FL studio. I don't know why but I don't think it's a big deal cause I'm probably only using in FL anyways.

Thank you so much!! :)

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,602 Expert
    Options

I give props for posting a decent amount of info about your issue, that is a rare thing to see. Unfortunately it doesn’t make anything standout for me to see the issue.

Did this just start happening, have you ran it fine in the past? Do you have any 3rd party virus software or anything installed? Seems possibly an issue with the database or settings file maybe but I’m on my phone and can’t recall exactly where the location is, in application data folder somewhere. Maybe deleting it all may help.

• Ronvak
    Options

Hi @JesterMgee

yes it just happened suddenly, i`m suspecting it might be something with OpenGL library , or any C++ runtime that got upgraded .... i've left the standalone open on "Not Responding" on the "Initializing GUI.." after about an hour it loaded , but when i'm closing it , it need to load again this way, and the most important is the VST it still freezes the whole DAW when it only when i click the menu arrow very weird!!,

tried to remove all plugin in the standalone, then open the vst but no luck

any one knows what are the C++ runtime required for this software maybe i will try to downgrade?

i have the standard microsoft anti-virus software and i tried cleaning the settings + data as seeing here:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/210296425?_ga=2.186128302.629054121.1686738887-698025204.1684589375

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@Ronvak I see that you contacted our support already, my colleagues will get back to you as soon as possible.

• Ronvak
    Options

@Jeremy_NI

Hi jeremy

any idea how soon it will be ? i have old project i need to open almost all of my project i'm using the komplete kontrol VST since i have the Komplete Kontrol S49 .... right now all this projects are off

Thank You

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

You should get a reply within 2 or 3 working days, this is the usual waiting time for this type of issues. We have a lot of requests to process at the moment so it's a bit longer than usual.

• Ronvak
    Answer ✓
    Options

SOLVED:

removed registry folder from Windows Registry Editor

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\Komplete Kontrol

Thank You

@Jeremy_NI if you are able to close the ticket you can close it

• BoBoBobby
    Options

Hello, I have the same issue as when I run Komplete Kontrol it keeps on initializing GUI, also when I open Komplete Kontrol in FL studio there's this glitched window where I can't press anything(linked image).

Tried to delete user registry folder from the windows editor and deleted the Komplete Kontrol folder from the AppData Folder, both didn't work :/

Can someone help?

• Ronvak
    Options

try removing the whole native instruments folder from the registry

you can export the folder and save it if you want to undo this just right click on the folder and export

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments

**NOTE that this will remove all your libraries from kontakt / komplete ... i don't know why this bug is happening (i'm guessing that in some point the data structure is too big for the Komplete Kontrol software) just try this and afterward you can just not scan the libraries in the Komplete Kontrol SW / VST (you can add back your kontakt libraries )

it might work after re-scanning in the Komplete Kontrol (never tried let me know if you tried)

• BoBoBobby
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you for the solution and for the super quick respond, it worked! so actually when I put back the NI folder into the registry for some reasons it doesn't work on the stand alone app but only works in FL studio. I don't know why but I don't think it's a big deal cause I'm probably only using in FL anyways.

Thank you so much!! :)