Guitar Rig 5 support on Ventura

Options
sunny
sunny Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited June 2023 in Guitar Rig & FX

Hello, recently downloaded Guitar Rig 6, not liking it as much. Has anyone re-downloaded Guitar 5 onto a MAC WITH VENTURA? Did it Crash?

Thanks

Best Answer

• Eddie_NI
    Eddie_NI Product Team Posts: 357 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Guitar Rig 5 is not officially supported on Ventura.

But I just ran the standalone version of Guitar Rig 5 on my M1 MacBook with macOS Ventura 13.4 and it seems to work fine. But as said, it's not officially supported, so use at your own risk.

Might I ask what you are not liking in Guitar Rig 6 in comparison to Guitar Rig 5?

Cheers,

Eddie

Answers

• Eddie_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

Guitar Rig 5 is not officially supported on Ventura.

But I just ran the standalone version of Guitar Rig 5 on my M1 MacBook with macOS Ventura 13.4 and it seems to work fine. But as said, it's not officially supported, so use at your own risk.

Might I ask what you are not liking in Guitar Rig 6 in comparison to Guitar Rig 5?

Cheers,

Eddie

• TMA
    TMA Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

GR5 is way better than 6, more amps, cabs, FX and especially the routing functions. There is no comparison. We waited years to get GR6 and it was such a letdown. Looks like it was made for kids?

Now GR5 won’t load on new systems without problems. NI needs to fix it ASAP. GR5 is so much better than GR6.

Come on NI ... fix GR5 to work with the new Native Access ... we paid for it.

Unhappy camper😫

• Eddie_NI
    Options

@TMA

It is not true that Guitar Rig 5 has more amps, cabs and FX than Guitar Rig 6. It is exactly the opposite.

And what do you mean by "routing functions" that Guitar Rig 6 is supposedly lacking in contrast to Guitar Rig 5?

• chlady
    chlady Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

I agree Guitar Rig 5 stopped working on Ventura and goes to demo mode the same way Kontakt 5 did . It was working fine in Ventura before . It says to authorize via service center which doesn't work anymore . It shows authorized in Native Access . I just want all my old presets in 6 now

• chlady
    chlady Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Yes it's apple silicon M2 studio. I did install the older Native access as suggested at one point to get Kontakt 5 to work unfortunately then any newer kontakt instruments I purchase will not show up in Native Access to install and authorize especially if they are kontakt 7 only.