Using Microphone with the S4 MK3

Options
ScottyMct1987
ScottyMct1987 Member Posts: 23 Member

Hi i am having a issue when trying to use the microphone on my s4 mk3 controller, there is no signal coming from the microphone i have done everything with pressing shift and external changing it to mic d but still no signal. Does anyone know how i can fix this please

Tagged:

Best Answers

• just_jump
    just_jump Member Posts: 77 Helper
    Answer ✓
    Options

You didn't mention which mic you're using. It's possible you're trying to use a condensor mic that requires phantom power in which case that won't work because the decks don't supply phantom power over the XLR. You need an unpowered dynamic mic to run into Traktor hardware (and as far as I know other dj equipment but correct me if I'm wrong).

• lauwrie
    lauwrie Member Posts: 1 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

You have to use the 'Shift' button on the S4, while pressing Ext to select Mic C (back) or Mic D (front input)

https://youtube.com/shorts/oV5X8owC4L8?feature=share3

Answers

• Owner
    Owner Member Posts: 317 Pro
    Options

did you set your deck to "live" for the microphone channel?

• ScottyMct1987
    edited June 2023
    Options

How do you mean? I’ve connected my microphone to Mic D on my controller and this is what it looks like on settings but when I speak into the mic there is no signal coming from Deck D

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru
    edited June 2023
    Options

You can change your track deck layout to Track, Remix, Stem, Live. Change track deck D to Live and see what happens.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,780 mod
    Options

MAC users have reported that the OS needs to provide total access to microphones somewhere in the audio settings of your system.

• ScottyMct1987
    edited June 2023
    Options
  • ScottyMct1987
    edited June 2023
    Options

I'm guessing there is no possible way you can use a microphone on a s4mk3 then

• Sûlherokhh
    Options
  • ScottyMct1987
    Options

No I have Windows

• Sûlherokhh
    Options

I assume you connected your mike to the front. Have you tried the connection in the back using deck C?

• ScottyMct1987
    edited June 2023
    Options

i did yes, no Deck C Is a different connection, I haven’t got a trs 1/4 cable

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru
    Options

I use a mic with S4 mk3. I have a Mac though.

• ScottyMct1987
    edited June 2023
    Options

I still can't get the microphone to work, I have tried everything

• PaKo
    PaKo Member Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Hi!

I use one with Channel C regularly. There is one thing I missed in the beginning, which made me think there was a problem. But there wasn't. Maybe that applies to you, too

To activate the mike on one of the channels (the very left one is designated for "C", the very right one for Input "D"), you have to switch the Channel mode from "line" to "mike C" on the outer left Channel, respective from "line" to "mike D" on the outer right by pressing SHIFT (based on the lower side of each deck) and the black square button placed directly left to the Volumne knob of the two channels mentioned above. There is a white status light next to the status modes "Line" and "Mike D" or "Mike C". The active light have to be next to the writing "Mike C" or "Mike D"

Note: Only change the moked, if the mike is connected and the volume fader is either set silent or very low for the channels you like to use.

Hope that helps

PaKo

• just_jump
    just_jump Member Posts: 77 Helper
    Answer ✓
    Options

You didn't mention which mic you're using. It's possible you're trying to use a condensor mic that requires phantom power in which case that won't work because the decks don't supply phantom power over the XLR. You need an unpowered dynamic mic to run into Traktor hardware (and as far as I know other dj equipment but correct me if I'm wrong).

• ScottyMct1987
    Options

Hi i have tried switching from line to Mic D, the light shows it's on mic D but i still get no signal from microphone, I haven't been able to use Mic C because i don't have a 1/4 trs cable i only have xlr to xlr