Traktor Skipping and unplayable on Windows 10 and Mac OS

Options
oppo
oppo Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hi there,

My problem started with running traktor 2 on a Windows 10 machine with the Traktor Kontrol S4 MKII. I ran through all the trobleshooting steps, uninstalled everything, even tried on a different computer but Im getting the same problem.

PROBLEM 1 : When I load a tack into the A and B deck and start playing the A and cueing up the B. The B Deck loads into the A.

https://youtu.be/shiHKaabLqA

PROBLEM 2 : When I have tracks in both decks the A deck resets itself.

https://youtu.be/xm8-7mW2XT8

I have attached videos which show exactly what happens. It happens playing all types of audio files from m4a to mp3 to WAV to AIFF.

Please help.

Tagged:

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,095 mod
    Options

Hello,

do you use a controller? Then try to reinstall the mapping or try without controller.

• oppo
    Options

Hi @Uwe303,

I use the s4 MKII cotroller. I have tried unplugging this and I dont get any skips.

• Uwe303
    Options

Then it's obvious that the controller is the issue or something between the controller and traktor. Have you also tried to delete the mapping/delete the device in traktor and re-add it.

• oppo
    Options

Hi Uwe303,

Thanks for the response. i have tried deleting the mappings and device in Preferences - Controller manager. Its the same thing. Its flickering and then the track either rests itself or it loads the b deck into the A deck. Its unuseable at the moment.

• Uwe303
    edited June 2023
    Options

You could try another USB cable, or also try to open control editor and check all stuff for strange signals or in midi mode with a midi monitor app. I guess the controller sends some signals it should not send. And do you use the standard mapping?

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,603 admin
    Options

Hi @oppo I see you've been in touch with our support team about this. Let us know if the culprit is the power supply