Using shift button in Logic

Walnut
Walnut Member Posts: 36 Member

Hi, so I have my maschine setup as a midi controller in logic and I am trying to figure out how to press the shift+ pad 1 for undo. I know this can be done because the default template in logic allows this when I install the maschine controller.

Again I am not using maschine, just using the MK3 as a controller for logic.

Thanks

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓

DAW Control is not customizable, your option only option is to make a custom MIDI Mode template in Controller Editor, manually map everything and use another button to act as a "Shift" - Assuming logic allows mapping button combos.

Using MIDI Mode means you lose the pretty-looking on-screen meter feedback for mixing.

That's the Cheat Sheet for "DAW Control", It's a Mode separate from MIDI Mode, therefor Controller Editor templates have no effect on it.. Even if it did the Shift button is not MIDI Mapable.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,195 Expert

If I understand correctly: you are trying to build your own template in Controller editor but you don’t know how to set up Shift + Pad 1 to make it work as undo? And in the default mapping it works (which I can confirm, since it’s listed in the Cheat Sheet)

Open the default Logic mapping in Controller editor and see if you can check how this functionality is setup to copy it to your personal template

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓

DAW Control is not customizable, your option only option is to make a custom MIDI Mode template in Controller Editor, manually map everything and use another button to act as a "Shift" - Assuming logic allows mapping button combos.

Using MIDI Mode means you lose the pretty-looking on-screen meter feedback for mixing.

That's the Cheat Sheet for "DAW Control", It's a Mode separate from MIDI Mode, therefor Controller Editor templates have no effect on it.. Even if it did the Shift button is not MIDI Mapable.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,195 Expert

Oh ok…thank you. I thought that he talking about default template meant it was a Controller Editor template

• Walnut
    Walnut Member Posts: 36 Member

Ahh. Ashame shift can't be used in midi mode.