Kontrol S8's screens flicker severely with Traktor 3.9.0

Options

Hello!

I've just updated to Traktor 3.9.0, and I've noticed that both screens on my Kontrol S8 are now flickering quite severely - to the point where it becomes unusable.

The flicker only occurs when connected to Traktor - thus, not in MIDI mode nor while idle. Drivers seem to be OK, as I still get audio out of it.

My notebook supports OpenGL 4.6, so I assume that should be enough for requirements of the new version - "OpenGL Extensions Viewer" screenshot below:

Am I missing anything obvious here? Let me know if I can provide any further useful information.

Regards,

Martin

Tagged:

Answers

• martinbloedorn
    martinbloedorn Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options
  • Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,790 Expert
    Options

Maybe trying latest graphic driver? If there is newer.

• DoubleBpt
    DoubleBpt Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

i notice my system is lsame that yours this means defenely a bug... the cpu run like crazy.... the wost is i try everthiing to dowgrade stay even worst

• Kubrak
    Options

Previous version should be installed on your computer and stored close to 3.9.

• iyacyas
    iyacyas Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I am having this same issue after updating to 3.9.0.. trying to update drivers etc on laptop but, not really seeing how the laptop graphics/drivers would cause issues on the S8 displays to flicker themselves... Did update the Radeon drivers etc.. no luck , still flickers on the 2 displays... ridiculous.

@Kubrak - thanks for the downgrade pointer. going back to 3.8x does still work...

• Kubrak
    Options

not really seeing how the laptop graphics/drivers would cause issues on the S8 displays to flicker themselves... 

I am just guessing, but I think that rendering content of displays may be done using graphic card, so if something does not work well, it might affect controller displays.

• martinbloedorn
    Options

@Kubrak that was my theory as well.

For now, I've downgraded to 3.8 - thanks for the pointer on that!

• iyacyas
    Options

So just for some more info, i have an older hp envy laptop on win 10 w intel cpu and intel iris graphics and is like 5+ years old. While slow to load. 3.9 works fine with the s8 displays, no flickering.

could be something amd/radeon gpu related , but not sure. Have been trying various settings, windows compatibility mode , etc still nothing.

given i own both a komplete s49 and maschine studio both w dual displays worried about future updates to those and frustrated because literally bought this new laptop 6 months ago specifically for running my ni setup

sigh will keep poking.

• iyacyas
    Options

Have ticket 3955884 opened w NI. Will update if any progress

• martinbloedorn
    Options

Thanks, @iyacyas!

• btong1
    btong1 Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

I have the same problem with 3.9 and a S4 MK3. Without Traktor no flickering, with Traktor 3.8 no flickering. It must be a problem in version 3.9

• Alkaline
    Alkaline Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    Options

is there anything more specific on the subject? I got my S8 out after about 2 years to conjure up beautiful sets again and now the flickering on the displays.

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru
    Options

They changed the code, but as usual silence. Pretty bad really as quite a few are experiencing this issue.

• Alkaline
    Alkaline Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    Options

The flickering is really annoying. I hope something happens as soon as possible, because I'm also looking for a new controller and I've always been very satisfied with Traktor and the controllers.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,382 Expert
    Options
    • Downgrade to 3.8
    • If you have a build in intel GPU that might also work.