2»

Answers

• Shadowlife
    Shadowlife Member Posts: 33 Member
    Answer ✓

ok i will. thank you

• Shadowlife

i thought i sent this one to you, this what was in the folder of London grit

• Shadowlife

yup Komplete kontrol worked ! thats the first one under all loops

• Shadowlife
    Answer ✓

got a lot of searching to do, to see if everything is there, im narrowing it down to sub categories thank you so much for your help !

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

The screenshot you sent is the wrong folder… you should be looking in your documents folder for the content (NA Default) is c:\Users\Public\Documents

• Shadowlife

oh no wonder here it is, finally !

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓

NI Tags are for its own NKS browsing system, Cosmos does not care about them.

Adding your full NI content folder into Cosmos is a pretty bad idea...The "Instruments" folder inside Expansions have multi-sample wavs meaning a bunch of samples of the same instrument in different notes, Cosmos does not automatically know what to do with those so you will have a bunch of dupes; also, the Expansions have a hidden folder with low quality .ogg Audio for the NKS Preview system, Cosmos catches those too and having all previews listed is pretty bad if what you want is an organized and practical browsing experience.

To check if all samples are recognized just compare the number of files:

I have around 1400 wavs recognized from 1500, the difference is prob because folders count as items and there's some hidden files there too. In your shoes, I would only add the sub-folders that matter (and only have wav loops or one-shots) to keep the browser clean, one Expansion at a time.

My Deep Matter Samples folder took 6-7 min to load (I have a 6-core i7 desktop), so if you add a lot of Expansions on a lower-end laptop it will take a really long time, that's normal.

• Shadowlife
    edited March 2022

hi, thank you for clearing that up for me, that was extremely helpful and very thorough. I think I definitely did something wrong by downloading the instruments folder because its saying that I have 7,486 samples for NI I'm not sure how to tell how many samples there are within the file locations. Btw, how did you get the samples tab opened with in cosmos to give the total number of samples ? Yup, I screwed something up. do you think I should just remove everything and start from scratch ? thank you !

• D-One
    edited March 2022

Btw, how did you get the samples tab opened with in cosmos to give the total number of samples ?

The tab in the middle? That's the macOS folder properties, just right-click the folder and select properties, it does the same thing in Windows.

Yup, I screwed something up. do you think I should just remove everything and start from scratch ?

Yes. I would manually add all "Sample" folders from Expansions and the Maschine Lib, this way you won't have a bunch of ****** in the Cosmos browser like previews and multi-sample files.

• Shadowlife

hi D-one, i had gone ahead and removed all of the ni content from cosmos, do i have to remove them from anywhere else on my pc ? i only ask that because i don't want them taking up any unnecessary space, if im correct cosmos doesnt have anything physically there right ?

and just to double check before i start transferring again, im only transferring each sub folder within the samples folder one sub folder at at a time, loops, one shots, drums and instruments right ? i know in your reply you only mentioned one shots and loops, but is it ok for the instruments and drums too ?

I tried to transfer the entire sample folder for one expansion first, like it showed in your second screen shot but it never loaded. sorry for all of my confusion, i just want to make sure that im doing everything right this time. thank you !

• D-One

hi D-one, i had gone ahead and removed all of the ni content from cosmos, do i have to remove them from anywhere else on my pc ? i only ask that because i don't want them taking up any unnecessary space, if im correct cosmos doesnt have anything physically there right ?

Nah, AFAIK it doesn't dupe any files audio files, that would be a nightmare... it just creates a database.

and just to double check before i start transferring again, im only transferring each sub folder within the samples folder one sub folder at at a time, loops, one shots, drums and instruments right ? i know in your reply you only mentioned one shots and loops, but is it ok for the instruments and drums too ?

If you add "Instruments" you will end up with a bunch of the same one-shot instruments in different notes all over your cosmos browser, up to you if that bothers you or not.

I tried to transfer the entire sample folder for one expansion first, like it showed in your second screen shot but it never loaded. sorry for all of my confusion, i just want to make sure that im doing everything right this time. thank you !

If you added a folder with wavs and they don't load then I have no idea whats going on over there; keep in mind things showing up takes a long time.

• Shadowlife

Hi D-one, I just wanted to let you know that everything is going smoothly now, and I have a lot of samples to transfer. It is definitely time consuming for sure... I decided to transfer the battery 4 factory library too, which ended up to be 12,417 samples. Was that a good idea ? Just want to make sure.

Thanks for you help.

• D-One
    edited March 2022

No problem, glad you got it sorted.

Yes, adding the battery lib is OK, it only has one-shots a few loops afaik.

• Shadowlife

Great thanks for all of your help !