Hide/remove the shop link in Kontakt 7?

Options
Ben H
Ben H Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited June 2023 in Kontakt

Hi,

Is there any way to remove the shop from Kontakt 7?

Not really happy about having this sh!t sandwich shoved down my throat.

It's the sort of thing that I would expect from IK, not NI.

Regards,

Ben

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Ben H I'll forward your comments to the Kontakt team. In the meantime, here is an installer for the previous version: KONTAKT 7.3.1

Please next time avoid using this kind of language, it's easier then to forward your ideas to the responsible teams and people and they would be taken more seriously.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,307 Expert
    Options

You don’t know the new NI…😏

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,800 mod
    Options

Yes absolutely I refuse to buy IK stuff because all their plugins are storefronts - please do not follow this tacky trend

• Ben H
    Options

I think I'm gonna roll back to a previous version.

Does anyone know what the last K7 version without the shop was?

Thanks.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,307 Expert
    edited June 2023
    Options

Whichever it was, the problem will be in finding the installation files (unless you kept them in your computer). NI website stopped publishing installation files long ago.

For Kontakt the last you can find is Kontakt 5.6.6, released 21.02.2017…

You can eventually try to ask for the installation file you need to the support

• Ben H
    Options

Yeah, unfortunately I don't have any previous K7 versions as I recently updated in the Summer Sale. I usually keep old installers though, just in case I need them. I will try asking some of my muso friends if they have any older K7 installers. Otherwise I guess a ticket to NI is in order.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Ben H I'll forward your comments to the Kontakt team. In the meantime, here is an installer for the previous version: KONTAKT 7.3.1

Please next time avoid using this kind of language, it's easier then to forward your ideas to the responsible teams and people and they would be taken more seriously.

• Ben H
    edited June 2023
    Options

@Jeremy_NI Thank you for providing me with the previous version and saving me the hassle of looking/asking for it.

Regards.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,800 mod
    Options

It would be better to be able to remove the shop icon though. I hate the whole idea of a shop built into plugins.

• sudaniel
    sudaniel Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited January 8
    Options

Yes, the shop icon is actually offensive and makes me wonder if you care about your customers. We're trying to CREATE, not shop. It distracts from our process and that's the aim when you plaster a shop icon to your interface. Seriously, wake up. We just spent money with you, but you want to constantly remind us to spend more, that what we have is not enough? Get out of our hair and let us work!

• sudaniel
    sudaniel Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Appreciate you posting the previous version @Jeremy_NI