Assign Maschine 2 plugin Groups (ie multitimbral) to different midi channels in Logic x

Options
bobbybass
bobbybass Member Posts: 8 Member

Hey all.

Using Maschine 2 in logic. The software is great but dont want to sequence in it.

I have two groups loaded and using drumkit mode on both so i can trigger the from logic

and also loaded a multi-timbral instrument.

Group 1 is assigned to midi channel 1 in maschine and also in the inspector in logic x.

I want all the sounds in this group to be able to be triggered from Midi channel 1.

Same settings for group 2, but everything is assigned to midi channel two.

I want all the sounds in this group to be able to be triggered from Midi channel 1.

When i trigger sounds on any track maschine is playing whatever active group i have selected in maschine plugin rather than the Midi channels i have selected.

Is this not possible to use one machine instance and have each group assigned to its own midi channel and track and have the plugin respond multi-timbrally. ?

This help article hints at it but only shows how to get 16 sounds to respond to one midi channel when using on group, with each sound on its own channel. I want all sounds in group 1 on midi channel one, and all sounds in group 2 on midi channel two.

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/5722488166161-Triggering-MASCHINE-Sounds-from-MIDI-Tracks-in-Logic-Pro

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,291 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

It is working if instead of Drumkit you set the groups to Manual.

Be careful of the Start Note dial. By default is set to C1. So..or you move them to C2 or you draw/play the midi notes in the DAW starting from C1

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,291 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

It is working if instead of Drumkit you set the groups to Manual.

Be careful of the Start Note dial. By default is set to C1. So..or you move them to C2 or you draw/play the midi notes in the DAW starting from C1