Novice mistake - Move Libraries

darpa
darpa Member Posts: 7 Newcomer

I think I have made what is probably a classic novice mistake with NI Komplete. I have Ultimate 13 installed on my Mac with the apps on the Mac hard drive and the sound libraries on 1 TB external SSD. I am upgrading to Ultimate 14 and now realize I should have bought at least a 2TB external SSD. Now, taking into account that I am unfortunately not technical at all, is there a "simple/easy" way to transfer my existing library to a new 2 TB drive and still keep everything working? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Best Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,261 Expert
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓

Quite easy, but you’ll need a couple of “manual” steps.

Just copy your libraries to the new SSD and then inside Native Access you’ll just have to relocate the install paths (you’ll find the Relocate button beside the libraries instead of Installed), pointing to the new paths. The only boring thing is that you’ll have to do it for every single library, one by one

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,578 Expert
    Answer ✓

Should be fine unless you want to stream 50 instances of Kontakt?

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

You can tell Native Acces where the new pathes are. Change the path entries in NA.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,261 Expert
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓

Quite easy, but you’ll need a couple of “manual” steps.

Just copy your libraries to the new SSD and then inside Native Access you’ll just have to relocate the install paths (you’ll find the Relocate button beside the libraries instead of Installed), pointing to the new paths. The only boring thing is that you’ll have to do it for every single library, one by one

• darpa
    darpa Member Posts: 7 Newcomer

Thanks so much for the answers. As I noted I am not very technical so one additional followup.

My 2019 Mac has two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports and four USB 3. My 1TB SSD is in one of the Thunderbolt ports and my Audio interface is in the other. That means I will have to connect a new 2TB SSD into one of the regular USB 3 ports. Is that OK speed wise for the sound libraries to be on a regular USB 3 port rather than the Thunderbolt port? Thanks

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,578 Expert
    Answer ✓

Should be fine unless you want to stream 50 instances of Kontakt?