Small grey box when trying to open maschine.

Options
DJ BIG EAZE
DJ BIG EAZE Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

Hello, I can not open Maschine in VST mode inside any of my DAWs CUBASE or Studio One.

all I get is a small grey box and it gets stuck on trying to load. It loads in Standalone just fine.

version 2.17 whatever one is the most recent.

i am using windows 10.

I have uninstalled reinstalled and even manually deleted all the files and had native access reinstalled and still no luck.

Best Answer

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,291 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

It sounds like a graphic card problem Studio One had some time ago. Do you have High DPI mode activated inside S1?

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,291 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

It sounds like a graphic card problem Studio One had some time ago. Do you have High DPI mode activated inside S1?

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,359 mod
    Options

Also Windows 10 here + Cubase + Maschine, works fine, no problems. VST3 version, i don't use VST2.

Maybe this is related to your problem? Which version you use?

Also (just a hunch!) did you check your hard drive for possible double VST? (which is a mismatch). I explain: It happens many times that i move the VST to a different folder, for example, from Common Files\VST3 to Common Files\VST3\Native Instruments. In such case, the uninstaller does not remove the VST (you have to delete it manually), so, new install gives a second VST! Maybe this is your case?

Another "wild guess": Is your Maschine controller plugged in?

• DJ BIG EAZE
    Options

I use the VST 3 Version.

Are you suggesting to delete the VST 2 and only use the VST3 DLL?

I did reinstall it and I have DLL in the file folder of common files as well. Do you think deleting those would work?

• DJ BIG EAZE
    Options

It also seems to get hung up on maschine 2 FX on scan

• DJ BIG EAZE
    Options

It gets hung up on machine 2 as well

• DJ BIG EAZE
    Options

Just not working.

• Sunborn
    edited June 2023
    Options

No! i do not "suggest" such thing! It is simply what i do, it is not mandatory, nether a "must".

For me, if a VST3 version works well, in general, but especial on Maschine, then i see absolutely no reason to even to install the VST2 version, it's a waste of space and resources. But it is not something that you "must do" of course, though at some point in the future, you all will have to do it. :-)

By the way, check out the first comment by LostInFoundation, it might be your solution.

...and it is best, next time upload vertical photos ...my neck got twisted!

• Sunborn
    edited June 2023
    Options

"I have DLL in the file folder of common files as well."

Sorry, do you mean that the .DLL file and the .VST3 file are on the same folder??? 😮

They should NOT! vst2 .dll's has to be installed on a different folder... i never seen that before so i can't be fully sure, possibly some plugins can tolerate that, but some others, will absolutely not!

So, as a temporary solution, move the .DLL somewhere else (in your Documents or Download folders etc), the do a re-scan and see what's happen.

• DJ BIG EAZE
    Options

No it was not in the same folder. It’s just not working.

• DJ PuzzleCutter
    DJ PuzzleCutter Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Solved While the gray box is displayed go to your task manager expand whatever App your using you should see the grey box appear underneath (Cubase) Expand that grey box And it will blow up full screen with some little text saying you havent installed an expansion pack. That was my issue

• soundtrackloops
    soundtrackloops Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

OMG YES!!! You are a life saver!! So check it. I was migrating my projects from Live on my Windows box to my new Mac. Both started giving me the little grey box. Both the Mac and the Windows. I was like ****** this one project has a weird bug or something. Been going back and forth googling etc until I found your answer. So I went to the task manager and expanded Live and saw that there was indeed another application open underneath but it wouldn't let me expand so I right clicked on it and choose end task on just the little application icon. Then the project loaded with Maschine 2 available this time and when I clicked on Maschine 2 it told me I didn't have Arcane Attic expansion installed. SO thank you so much you saved me and this project now loads again thanks to you.