Komplete Kontrol will not update

Options
ZombyWoof
ZombyWoof Member Posts: 3 Member

I wanted to get my system in order before installing Komplete 14 Collectors Edition. I have installed no new products yet.

It has been a long time issue that many existing products would not update with Native Access v1 even after using the NI RegTool. Theyu would remain in the Update tab. I had installed them in non-strndard locations. The installed paths were shown a concatenation of the default path and my chosen path, resulting in an invalid path, and the products could not uninstall when updating. So I removed all products listed under Update in Native Access V1 with NI RegTool. Then I updated to Native Access v2 and ran as Administrator under Win10 and then only 4 programs had updates available. 3 were successfully updated, but Komplete Kontrol would not update. That product had never been an issue before. I used NI RegTool again to remove it from the registry , but it still shows as Update available although I think I have removed it. The error message is 'Installation Failed.Invalid Location'. When looking at the installation path in Native Access, I found that there is no path defined. Therefore, I can neither install nor upgrade.

One more point which may be the cause is that I was altering the default file locations in Native Access while Komplete Kontrol was installing, so I probably caused the problem, but I need to find out how to correct it. I expect something is mucked up in the Windows registry.

Best Answer

• ZombyWoof
    Answer ✓
    Options

Update: I rebooted a couple of times, and now Komplete Kontrol has moved from the Update tab to the Libaray tab, and is enabled for installing. Thanks for the help.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,288 Expert
    Options

What happens if you uninstall it completely from the computer? It should move under the uninstalled tab and once you set an installation path in NA install it there

• ZombyWoof
    Options

Native Access V2 only gives me the option to update or reinstall. Both options give me that same error message. To make matters worse, I deleted the Komplete Kontrol folders to be sure, but that didn't help. I'm digging into the registry now to find any orphans.

• ZombyWoof
    Answer ✓
    Options

Update: I rebooted a couple of times, and now Komplete Kontrol has moved from the Update tab to the Libaray tab, and is enabled for installing. Thanks for the help.