Komplete 11 Ultimate - Upgrade to Komplete 14 CE - will Symphony Essentials license remain?

robertausberlin
robertausberlin Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited June 2023 in Komplete General

Hello everyone,

in case I would update my NI from Komplete 11 Ultimate to Komplete 14 Collector's Edition: Will I still have my Komplete 11 licenses for Symphony Essentials - and Symphony Series will be added just additionaly in the licensing software?

I would find it kind of annoying if I had to replace SE instances in any existing project.

Thank you!

Robert

Best Answer

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓

Yes, sure. After updating/upgrading/crossgrading the base licence stays fully valid and you have all licences.

It is good as no problem with old projects.... Or in case of Absynth, that has been unfortunatelly discontinued... You may continue to use it. And install it on new computers.

It does not apply to your case, but even having valid licence, one day it may happen, that you still might be able to install SW, if you have the installer, but it is not possible to authorise it anymore. :-(

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006053397-Service-Center-and-Legacy-Products-End-of-Life

Answers

• Kubrak
    edited June 2023

Yes, they will remain, as well as Kontakt 6, Absynth, ....

• robertausberlin
    robertausberlin Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited June 2023

This means, those licenses will always be attached to my Native Instruments account and especially when setting up a new machine I will also always be able to install the software?

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,129 Expert
    edited June 2023

Yes and no: Yes, these licenses will always remain in your account, but if the products itself will be still compatible with your future system or not can't be guaranteed. Older (discontinued) products usually do not receive further compatibility updates.

• Kubrak
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓

Yes, sure. After updating/upgrading/crossgrading the base licence stays fully valid and you have all licences.

It is good as no problem with old projects.... Or in case of Absynth, that has been unfortunatelly discontinued... You may continue to use it. And install it on new computers.

It does not apply to your case, but even having valid licence, one day it may happen, that you still might be able to install SW, if you have the installer, but it is not possible to authorise it anymore. :-(

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006053397-Service-Center-and-Legacy-Products-End-of-Life