upgrade to Komplete 14

darpa
darpa Member Posts: 7 Newcomer

I purchased Komplete 13 Ultimate on Disc a few years ago and I have it installed. If I upgrade to Komplete 14 Ultimate how does this work? Do the new products (the ones I do not already own) just show up in Native Access as individual products that I download and install one at a time? I hope this is how it works. Thanks for your help.

Best Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,040 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

exactly like you describe it, the products will show up in native access after you entered the serial.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,128 Expert
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓

Manually.

Installing Kontakt 7 will not automatically replace Kontakt 6 content in your DAW projects. So, if you have projects that use Kontakt 6, you will still need to keep it installed. You can, however, use both Kontakt 6 and Kontakt 7 in the same project.

In Cubase, Nuendo, MASCHINE and KOMPLETE KONTROL, it's a bit different: If Kontakt 7 is installed on your system and the older Kontakt version can't be found (for whatever reason), the host will automatically replace all instances of the older version with Kontakt 7 when loading a project.

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/6554022324637-KONTAKT-7-FAQ

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,040 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

exactly like you describe it, the products will show up in native access after you entered the serial.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert

And you may install them in one button push, or select what to install and what not.

• darpa
    darpa Member Posts: 7 Newcomer

Thanks so much for the answers. Just out of interest, when I install Kontakt 7 from Ultimate 14 will it take the settings from Kontakt 6 and remove it... or do I do all of that manually?

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,128 Expert
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓

Manually.

Installing Kontakt 7 will not automatically replace Kontakt 6 content in your DAW projects. So, if you have projects that use Kontakt 6, you will still need to keep it installed. You can, however, use both Kontakt 6 and Kontakt 7 in the same project.

In Cubase, Nuendo, MASCHINE and KOMPLETE KONTROL, it's a bit different: If Kontakt 7 is installed on your system and the older Kontakt version can't be found (for whatever reason), the host will automatically replace all instances of the older version with Kontakt 7 when loading a project.

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/6554022324637-KONTAKT-7-FAQ